Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Excel data hidden

• Please log in to reply

6stringer

6stringer

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

OK, so I'll try my best to describe what has just started happening with my spreadsheets. I have yearly tracking sheets that get updated weekly in each specific month. Been doing this for years with no issues whatsoever. All of a sudden, when I open a file there is no data visible on the worksheet. It's like the "Hide" tab has been clicked, except it hasn't. In fact, the ribbon is gone as well. The entire sheet is grayed out with the exception of the Macro button. When I check the spreadsheets for 2021 & 2022 they are now also grayed out.

I created a test worksheet and saved it to the desktop, and when I reopened it the same thing happened that occurred to my other saved sheets. All of this is happening on a computer at my workplace (a church) so I sent the test sheet to my home PC to see if it did the same thing here. Wouldn't you know it, it opened just as it should and the ribbon is there and nothing is grayed out

I've Googled and You-tubed this thing for hours to no avail. The work computer uses Office 365 and the subscription is valid until November so it's not that. These files opened perfectly and were last accessed 7 or 8 days ago with no problems. I've requested a screenshot and hope to have it tomorrow.

Should I uninstall the Excel app and reinstall it?  Any other suggestions?

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Hello 6stringer,

Try repairing OFFICE 365. See linked information below:

https://support.micr...0e-a6b40c5bb88b

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper