Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows auto inputs incorrect pin on boot

boot up incorrect pin phrase challenge

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Hi, this is quite an annoyance, when I boot my system (wind10) I see characters being automatically inserted where the pin goes and then I receive the message that I need to type in a challenge phrase i.e. 'A1B2C3'.

I can then enter my pin and access the system.

I have looked on line and it seems this is a problem many people seem to be having but if I try to follow some of the instructions that I have found, I don't to get anywhere.

The strange thing is that I have two clones of my operating system and have tried to boot with those also, but have the same problem. Is this a BIOS issue? I have no idea how changes in info could affect a cloned copy that worked without the problem before this started on my main drive.

I have now returned to my main drive in hope that someone can help.

I don't know if this is anything to do with the changes but I had reason to log into my Microsoft Acc. recently, which I don't think I have done for some time. Thanks.

Ste

Advertisements