Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty Multiplayer Problems

• Please log in to reply

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I just installed Call of Duty: United Offensive, and whenever I try and join a multiplayer server, it gets to the message "Awaiting Gamestate" and doesn't change from that. It simply won't join a game. BTW: I have Zone Alarm, but the program is set to allow CoD access, I disable Norton Anti-Virus when I run it, and I have the connection type set to the correct one in the game. What's going wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note...has anybody noticed how much more difficult the missions in United Offensive are compared to the original game? <_<

Advertisements

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
You mean nobody has any idea? <_<

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Ok, i run run this game behind all my protection and my ping value is still ok. Running your anti virus during gameplay is advised, but optional depending on your computer speed. Your problems sounds like it could be one of two things. Firstly, you need the original Call of Duty installed. The other if you have got the original game, may be your firewall. I used to have the same problem with Call of Duty and i had Zone Alarm too. It works ok, but i deciced to later use Norton Firewall as i use them for my a.v.
My solution was simple. Zone Alarm occasionally (in my opinion) had trouble allowing new programs to access the net on the first attempt. Remove the Call of Duty United Offensive from the firewall program list. Start The game and in Options >>>Graphics. Set the fullscreen to off. Set it to suit your Screensize if desired. This way by pressing your windows key on your keyboard (between Ctrl & Alt) you can still have control off your pc. Not recommended for slower processors. You will get two pop ups from Zone Alarm to allow access and server to CoDUO.MP. Allow them both and proceed to your configuration, setting it the same as your original CoD game. Choose servers that are in tandom with your ping value. Ones closer to home are better. Try this link for finding local servers: Click here Servers that are not locked. (password protected) But you know that already. Sometimes if you find yourself 'hanging' while awaiting gamestate you can always press escape. Bring down console ( the `¬ key to the left of 1) and type /reconnect or even find a server you like and enter /connect ***.**.***.***:***** <<<***'s being the i.p. number

What a game <_< :D :D
Let me know if you sorted it out.

m1573rb0j4ngl35

m1573rb0j4ngl35

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks! I got it working and now multiplayer works perfectly. I didn't even think to try that... <_<

Thanks again!

gatemaster

gatemaster

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Please Help Me As Well. I also Have That Problem. My Problem Is That On Local Servers I Connect Properly, But Not On Foreign Servers. ;)

I Do Not Have Anytype Of Firewall On My Computer. I only Have Norton Antivirus Corporate Version. Just Normal Antivirus. :tazz:

My Operating System Is Windows XP Pro Service Pack2. I already Have Disabled The Firewall Function And Security Stuff From It. But It's Still The Same. :cheers:

Please Help me ! :thumbsup:

Yarnouth

Yarnouth

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Hi gatemaster, i wouldnt recommend disabling your security features to start with. If you have trouble connecting to non-local servers it may be something to do with your ping value. (your distange to your local telephone exchange plays a major role in this) Apart from that your better off on local servers anyway. Playing with a high ping ruins the game. Any more you can add would be helpful.

gatemaster

gatemaster

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have been connecting to foreign server for several times, with very good pings. Pings not going higher then 60, but all of a sudden I get the Awaiting gamestate problem :tazz: . The pings are still low (Example 60) but it doesn't connect.

I will try to check with my ISP. Thanks a million. ;)

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey guys...

Seems I have a similar problem.

I can play COD online but my CODUO doesnt return any servers even though it is patched...

Anyone please please any ideas as to why ? the settings are the same

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Lastnight to early this moring the master server was down. For what reason I dont know but the only way to connect lastnight to any of the UO servers was to enter the IP address byhand in the consle.

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
music to my ears :tazz:

you are a star!

Is there a portal at all or any way to get a server list and info that you know of ?

Advertisements

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
None that I know of but here a IP Address to a server hosted by Alienware

When you launch the game press the ` to open the consle, and type connect 64.5.42.202

Pace

Pace

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Cheers mate... good one here at the min 212.42.16.141:28960

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Here is a link to Call Of Duty Files that has a very small list of servers for UO. And the master server is still down. Call of Duty's master server is up, just to let you know.

Edited by DHooper, 28 January 2005 - 12:58 PM.

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
Dont use the above link none of the servers IP address work. Here is a new link with a lot more server listings. Server Spy

DHooper

DHooper

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
To fix this problem just release and renew your ip address. If you are behind a router enter the router and renew the routers ip address, from the software.