Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Refresh winform

• Please log in to reply

HappyTomato

HappyTomato

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
hi all.. thanks in advance for helping :tazz:

we have a parent form with datagrid which opens a second form to edit this datagrid. how can we refresh the datagrid when the user has closed the second form after editing? We've tried reloading and/or refreshing both the datagrid and form and opening and closing forms but none seemed to work... >_< any help will be grateful. ;)

Advertisements

stu_design

stu_design

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
what programming lang?

HappyTomato

HappyTomato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
sorry.. forgot to mention.. it's C# :tazz:

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
I still don't understand why people use C#.
A) Not as good as C/C++
B) Slower than C/C++
C) Just as fast as Visual basic (goes through 2 dlls)

HappyTomato

HappyTomato

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I can't help but say this...forgive me if I seem rude but, it appears that you make negative comments about people using C# alot on this forum ... I thought this is a forum for people to seek help and assistance, or maybe to discuss but not be criticised about what language they use.. :tazz: ..as I'm sure you'd know, this IS a forum for C#, C++, JAVA, VB etc etc so people DO post questions about C#... and you know sometimes people are not using their programming language by choice either... so other than comments like this.. I think some help from you would also be really grateful!!! cheers Ratmilk ;)

Edited by HappyTomato, 24 July 2005 - 01:46 AM.

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Sorry didn't mean to be rude. Its not your fault, its Microsoft's fault for trying to take over the programming world.

Try search on MSDN for 'form refresh' functions, can't you just close then reopen the form??