Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

learn 1, 2, 3.. then compare and anlyse

• Please log in to reply

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Which language good or bad… Aren’t we mistaken??
Here is little clearance…

Sql (4GL) what? I meant by what. In sql you just ask what you want. Not how ?(query language, but sql also provides persistent stored module “psm” or stored procedure= block of code it is stored and executed at the dbms server.)

Programming languages (what and how) int programming languages you have to wory about what you want and how you have to do it.(procedural language)

Html(presents data) you cant hide source (not code). When you do it that time your web page become invisible too and no body able to view it, that’s you want to do.
And BuRnEr says that if you don’t want to share anything (like your professional or amateur web page source) how you expect people to share something with you?

Xml (formats data ) old version is edi (it is really hot topic like ids, even lately it is big subject for cisco , also rdbs )

C++ is oop and extended version of C language
it is slower than C at run time and compile time
C is faster but how about functionality and maintainability in thousands lines of code in
this point C++ is master.And C++ has magic, smart pointers no language has that much functionality this pointers that is makes C++ master in programming life (think about all complicated software’s like os.
C++ has some major disadvantages (like Memory leaking, Buffer overflow)
Note : Now days %50 attacks about Buffer overflow. Big and big security issue, because most programs written in C++ and C. means it is big problem.
In try catch block it does not support finally block which is so important (why? Example you can feel it when you open file and during the time exception is occurred, the file remains open in this situation there are two approach first you have to close file in try and in catch block separately, this is an code duplication which is terrible think million lines of code second approach is that finally block which is not supported in C++, the finally block is executed both situation (exception occur or not) so you just close your file in finally block no code duplication.
Multiple inheritances is acceptable unlike java and C#
Functions can be used out of classes unlike java and C#
C++ is the best scientific language and it has best flexibility

C is not oop language ( please don’t say it is I saw it in forums some people believe or think it is oop language, if you believe that way just keep it for yourself )
You cant implement inheritance, polymorphism, even c does not have class concept
So it is structure language
C also has memory leakin and buffer overflow problems as C++ does
C does not have string type but it can be declared as an array
It is still good language who works low level programming
like Ethernet programming, tcp/ip , pe file format, socket programming, md5 and so on

Java oop language it is little slower than C# why?
It does not support enums and arithmetic exceptions as and C++ and C# does
It does not support operator overloading as C++ and C# do (makes big sense)
In Java all methods are virtual methods while in C#, as in C++, one must explicitly stat
which methods one wants to be virtual since by default they are not? (read about late binding)
It does not have memory leak problem
When you compare java and C# as experience, java is the expert but it does not make java to be better than C# why? Lets see it

C# is perfectly oop language
Regex is based on Perl regex which language has regex more powerfull than perl regex.
It has whatever C++ and java does that’s why C# is more complex than java.
Also in C#, being marked as volatile also prevents the Just In Time compiler from placing the variable in a register and also ensures that the variable is stored in global memory on multiprocessor systems.
It is dot net language that’s makes C# master now days as C++
.Net framework is the most powerful ide : and most C++ developers start to develop C++ applications in .net environment believe or not and they are learning C# too you can search on the web and can see statistics
http://www.serverint...tframework.aspx
1)you can almost code with any language in .Net (.net is the one now) learning .net is not easy because it is too complex believe or not it takes more than more
2)it has most powerful ADO.Net architecture
http://msdn.microsof...iewofadonet.asp
3)For creating GUI it has most rich class library and it is killing mfc
http://msdn.microsof...ms/default.aspx
4)it has CLR
http://www.clipcode....rchitecture.pdf
5)it has ASP.net
http://authors.aspal...chitecture.aspx
6)About security (Role-based security, web application security, Evidence-based security, Cryptography)
about .Net security: http://www.microsoft...al/security.asp
more and more have you read .Net architecture.????
http://www.artima.com/intv/dotnet.html
C# is born in this environment and it takes all .net poverty
It is “portable” language ….
And It is attractive language. I did not use it at the first because it was not portable…

Perl is language
Language who don’t like lines of codes like Larry Wall 
Perl is powerful because it takes the best parts of other languages and combines them into one. Without other languages, there would be no Perl. (I hate lines of codes it is boring )
That’s why perl is still perl. it is still one of my and others favorite language and it is still popular it is language is never going to die like C++ at least not before than me.
There is no need to discus about perl, I can say that write code same functionality with perl and other language and compare them
But unfortunately CGI is dying
Last thing Perl is an interpretive language, which makes it easy to build and test simple programs.
For Socket programming.. and 4 100

I would talk about other languages but I don’t have time and that much knowledge because there are many , (everybody creating their own compiler and language, except me) no kidding!!!!!
but I can tell yaa, they have their own power at some point, like cobol, delphy, rubi, php, pascal, lisp, ada, vb, vb.net, zzzzzzzzz!!!(this is not yet).. as above languages do…
If I were programmer I would like to know all of them.
As I said before that, language is not important than logic, if you don’t know what you want to do and how you want to do in that time programming language is garbage….
Programming language express your mind, it is the pipe (channel) that expose your mind to real world ….
And other important thing is that learn assembly language at list little bit at list learn how to read it
Learn about UML (unify modeling language),

There is a bit advise for some of you who are saying this language is good or this is bad. that time you need to think, how much you know about that language, what makes you say that, and how much you know programming. But if who say that under 18-- and you are trying to have a fun please forgive me. If you are not than please be careful when you are posting or saying something in the public forums or environments and it may lead people wrong way as you are walking on that way. And if you are saying that this language is not good that shows your programming skills level. You can talk about advantage and disadvantages but don’t say good or bad, and before you compeare one thing with other thing you have to know both of them verrry well. It is not only valid only for programming, it is valid about all subjects.
Here is an example English is better than French, when you are saying this you have to have really strong knowledge about both of them. You don’t even know English ;

Aehu C in dangerous
I#include<stdio.h>
Int main(){
scanStr(); }
int scanStr(){
char Buff[5];
scanf(“%s”,Buff);
printf(“%s”,s);
}

other danger
main(){
int a,b;
a = 2;
b = 3;
printf("Address of a=%p b=%p\n",&a,&b);
function(a,b);
printf("a=%d\n",a);
}
int function(int x, int y)
{
int *z;
printf("Adress of z=%p x=%p y=%p\n",&z,&x,&y);
z = &y;
z++;z++;
printf("z=%p\n",z);
*z = 8;
}

for Any Correction
thanks
BuRnEr
take care

Advertisements

ratmilk

ratmilk

• PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
ew mangled C :tazz:, java and C# should go away and leave C/C++ for them selves, C/C++ rocks!!!!

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
you think no body knows C/C++? ;)
i ll tell you what;
i dont know How many hours did you spend for writing this sentence, and i am sure you did not use your crebellum either
we always see the monkeys around and they always trying to get attantion from around...
like Darwin, he was still believing human being comming from monkey heritance when he was giving his last breath and he died like that.(monkey=48Chromosome P, human=46 cp) :)

Please dont put useless comments under my posts, if you dont know read and try to learn something than ask questions there is always somebody to answer your question
and said that at the end of my post "for Any Correction" welcome but not others...
thanks for understanding :tazz:

BuRnEr
Take care

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

As much I may agree, this forum is free for people to post what they want (within limits of taste). It seems rather strange you would post and then not want people to comment? It seemed rather egotistical to put a statement paramount to "only good comments" are welcome.

Usually I don't enter in these type of arguments, but once in awhile I can't help myself.

Cheers,
Tom

Please dont put useless comments under my posts, if you dont know read and try to learn something than ask questions there is always somebody to answer your question
and said that at the end of my post "for Any Correction" welcome but not others...
thanks for understanding :tazz:

BuRnEr
Take care

View Post

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
hi
nice to meeting with you blind!!!

you are walking around with your sunglasses and one piece of dress but beaware it is snowing ...?
sure use your fredoom as you do
but;
Respectly...
dont even attempt to judge me as long as i dont let you, that means you are not even allowed to juged me..
and by the way you are still posting useless posts.(included this)

sun down times up...
2340 453ms * * request time out

Ruben@Adafi

Ruben@Adafi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
well burner...

speaking like this I judge you as being a fool.

now bring me to court if you wish but you're asking for it.
Sorry, it's the same here, can't help it...

I guess you should reconsider why nobody replies with a decent answer to your post anymore...

oh and java itself isn't slower then C... it depends on the programmer
that was a very bad comment, as well as for the enums...

you say you only want good advise, then you'd better reconsider your thread as well...

Edited by Ruben@Adafi, 11 August 2005 - 07:04 AM.

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
nice show!!!!

Are you provactor if you are just ignor the belove??? :tazz:

i ll take only the sentence which is
"oh and @!!!!!java itself !!!@ isn't slower then C... it depends on the @!!!programmer!!!@
that was a very ???Why???bad comment, as well as for the ???Why??enums...
"
and i ll put rest of it my trash can...

Now the question is that what makes you to say java is not slower than C or other languages. prove can be help us to understand why you define java is not slower than C ....?;)
we know about the programming stile and programmer` factor is big issue and it effects everything in appl.
But the subject is not programmer or how do they program,(they can be so intelligent,creative,brilliant,.. and so on.(I say that this would be another topic.)
the subject is programming languages...am i mistaken?

and i also noticed that you are saying that "java itself" isnt slower ...(this is language itself) and right after you say "programmer" this is nothing to do with language itself. java is language as other languages and it has some main rules no one can change that even best programmer unless sun dont implement some extra features like enums, operator overloading...

BuRnEr says tahat dont go into the jungle if you dont know about it,....

Ruben@Adafi

Ruben@Adafi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hmm,

sorry for my misbehaviour earlier... had a bad day I guess :tazz:

Anyways, I know a lot about this jungle believe me but...
Why do you think java is slower?
What arguments do you have...

It's hard to comment on this in general.
Do you mean like when doing a loop a billion times?

Or are you speaking about pooling? Network addressing?

BuRnEr

BuRnEr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
yeah wrong sentence on the wrong place....
this sentence :""In Java all methods are virtual methods while in C#, as in C++, one must explicitly stat
which methods one wants to be virtual since by default they are not? (read about late binding)""
spose to comes after:
"java is slower than C# why?"

and there are some more things makes C# faster and good performance than java
like C# is .net language, it has more organized class library(fcl,bcl)... so on

late binding(polimorphisim) means everything known run time.
early binding means everything known compile time.
and result is that late binding is slower(everything known run time) than early binding(everthing known compile time). but late binding is more filexible than early binding because you have more control over the operation....

so since all methods virtual in java that we can say java is slower than C#.
by the time if you want to use polimorphism in C++ or C# we have to use "virtual" keyword respectly.
Why java made all methods as virtual because polymorphism is big problem for developers or programmers, so java made polimorphism concept more easier for programmers, they implemented all methods as virtual..

and also i mentioned about multiple inheritance in C++ this is kind of disadvantaga for C++ because multiple inheritance means there can be multiple base(parent) classes, this means we have to becarefull about naming conflict, what i mean by that if you have a same name members in both base classes it is trouble....if we are working 100 lines of code we can fixe it easly but how about thousands lines of code...

in java and C# multiple inheritance is implemented by interfaces, this is another big concept.!!!

thanks for pointing it out

take care
BuRnEr