Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graph Card Cord?

• Please log in to reply

Legending

Legending

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I havent recently purchased a ATi Radeon 9250 256MB DDR PCI Video Card DVi-TV Out card and i do not have a old graphics card to remove (BIOS). I notice i dont have a cord to connect it to the motherboard. Do i need that cord to make it work? If so where can I get one? Also would i need a S-Video cable to make it work or is that optional?

(If I missed anything im sorry, I dont know to much about computers)

Woops forgot to mention, if I need that cord(s) the place to connect it in the graphics card has 3 rows, while in the modem its only 2 little rows where i can connect it and i looked at the VGA, SVGA, and they all have 3 rows on it >.<

Edited by Legending, 09 August 2005 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You plugged the card into the PCI slot ON the motherboard. The ports are to hook up to the monitor and or television.

Legending

Legending

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

You plugged the card into the PCI slot ON the motherboard. The ports are to hook up to the monitor and or television.

View Post

Ohh so I dont have to connect the graphic card with any wires? For it to work with my computer? Cause when i try to put it in the PCI slot i turn the comp on and i get no beeps... The screen is just black and the light to turn the monitor on blinks yellow and orange, if you could help with that... thanks alot for the reply tho

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is the monitor plugged into the card. You know with the cord that comes out of the back of the of the monitor its probably blue to match the slot on the card it should go in.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Is the monitor plugged into the card. You know with the cord that comes out of the back of the of the monitor its probably blue to match the slot on the card it should go in.

Legending

Legending

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

View Post

Eh a cord from the monitor? nope (monitor is the screen i am looking at to type this, correct?) If thats the case I need to insert a blue cable from my monitor into the graph card to make it work?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yes i assume you donty have a wireless monitor(you wont), any peripheral of a computer like a monitor has to actually be connected to the computer in order for it to work. So yes you take the cable from the back of the monitor of which there should be two one is for power so by process of elimination there should be one left which should be probably be blue or have a blue coloured plug end, and you plug it into the new graphics card in the matching port on the back. Did you put the card in yourself?

Legending

Legending

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yes i assume you donty have a wireless monitor(you wont), any peripheral of a computer like a monitor has to actually be connected to the computer in order for it to work. So yes you take the cable from the back of the monitor of which there should be two one is for power so by process of elimination there should be one left which should be probably be blue or have a blue coloured plug end, and you plug it into the new graphics card in the matching port on the back. Did you put the card in yourself?

View Post

I do not have a wireless monitor. I did put the graphics card in by myself, but it looks like ill have to go to best buy or something to buy a cable for the graphics card. If you know of the type of cable ill need it would make it alot easier.

-_-_-: Also i am looking at the back of the monitor and all i see is two places in the back, the power cord and the cord that goes into my modem. I do not see any other blue or anyother places for a connection to the graphic card.

Edited by Legending, 09 August 2005 - 11:26 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What the... your modem the monitor doesnt go into a modem, the modem is for connecting to the internet. You obviously had the monitor working on the old gfx card, so you take the cable that you have in your modem?!?!?! and out that into the slot into the gfx card.

Legending

Legending

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What the... your modem the monitor doesnt go into a modem, the modem is for connecting to the internet. You obviously had the monitor working on the old gfx card, so you take the cable that you have in your modem?!?!?! and out that into the slot into the gfx card.

View Post

I dont have a old graph card, its a Intel extreme 3D thing, its BIOS. I dont have the wire to connect the graphic card to the blue slot in the monitor. I need to buy one. Now whats the specific cable called? So i can go out and buy one then connect the graphics card to the blue slot in the monitor.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you mean, right you have ONBOARD video on the motherboard. Now the cable that comes from the monitor will for in one of the ports on the card it should be blue but it might not. You have allready said there are two cables from the monitor. One of these is a input connection for connecting to the pc the other is power.

Legending

Legending

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What do you mean, right you have ONBOARD video on the motherboard. Now the cable that comes from the monitor will for in one of the ports on the card it should be blue but it might not. You have allready said there are two cables from the monitor. One of these is a input connection for connecting to the pc the other is power.

View Post

Yes, the port on the graphic card is BLUE but i dont have a cable or wire to connect to that blue port on my card!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Right, ok where you had the monitor connected before. look at that port it should match one on the gfx card, does it.

Legending

Legending

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Right, ok where you had the monitor connected before. look at that port it should match one on the gfx card, does it.

View Post

I have a diff monitor from my original on, i just checked my old specific dell and IT HAS THE BLUE TIP FOR MY CARD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
yup thats the one, so is the monitor you want to use is it new, what kind of monitor is it and how on earth did you ever plug it into the phone line socket on a modem.