Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Where do computers go from here

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Please write any idea you have, I go first:

I myself feel that voice command/voice responce will be next, meaning that one wouldn't need to walk around with a screen, nor a keyboard unless one wanted to, something like the telephone now but far far more powerful.

Advertisements

thegeek

thegeek

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Things we use every day to have computers inside of them. Like the NetBSD toaster.

MajorFatCat

MajorFatCat

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
i don't really think computers will evolve that much.

they will only be super fast and extremely reliable.

it will probably have voice commands in alot of years time, so you can command the computer with your voice - not touching anything. :tazz:

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
It's a dangerous thing to assume computers won't evolve anymore.

I think we're reaching the pinnacle of what we can do with computers in their current forms. Companies (and geeks like us) won't be satisfied forever with cracking the next GB barrier for processor speed.

I can't give a time frame with anything more than pulled from the air numbers, but I think we're on the cusp of a major change in computing. Be it an increase in biometrics, advanced AI ("I'm looking for Sarah Conner") or whatever.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well voice commands allready exist if you want them all you need is a mic and some software.
we allready have alot of computers interated into everyday items: washin machines, tumble driers, boilers, cookers, microwaves, televisions lots and lots and they get more powerful over time. The new cell processor they are using in the PS3 is designed for that exact purpose to be integrated into things like televisions and washing machines, and they will all have wireless connectivity and with the spread of grid software the processing power of your entire home can be utilised by you for whatever reaon you want wether it is to boost fps in games or be the worlds top folder.