Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

When do you think will the world end?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
It's a mystery that's been haunting us forever. When will the Rapture occur?

The author of the book "Heaven is so real" believes the beast number 666 given to the devil is really a date! 06/06/06 or June 6th 2006.

When do you think will the world end? :tazz:

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Your answer lies in my signature, check it out
|
|
V

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
what makes you think the world will end at all???

i dont think theres any point in worrying about tsomething like that, its not as if we can control it, or stop it, i personally dont believe the world will end, i dont believe global warming will kill us all and i dont believe man will wage a war so large it will kill us all, as for G-d, while i do believe in Him (not that i claim to have any understanding of him, im not a deeply religious person all i know is basics from going to a religious all boys school for 7 agonizing years), i dont believe He has any desire to kill us all, BUT if He does can we stop it?

of course not, so wots the point of worrying, if it will end it will end, thats all there is to itbest we can do is live our lives comfortably while at the saying time trying not to hurt anyone in the process, if G-d wants you to die you will, nothing can stop it its your time, if youre meant to goto heaven or [bleep] (if there even is one) then you will

thats my two cents, agree or not i dont care, people will believe what they want to believe

Edited by BTPH, 03 September 2005 - 06:55 AM.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Your answer lies in my signature, check it out

View Post

Where did you get that from?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Hang on a sec, this is a trick bet because if the date passes you will know that I am wrong, whereas if I am right......;however, if I were to hazard a few guesses, it could be a bit after GB mistakes the nuclear first-strike botton for room service, when Superman says "Well Mr. Doom are you running a legal or pirated copy of world distrution", when my son's room is tidy, when I get to pass geek university, when someone say "Ok, fleamailman I let you cook diiner", etc., um, sorry what was the question, no I don't know when but when it happens I'm sure that there'll be people who say "this wasn't written on the waranty, do we get our money back", but then again how would they spend it?

Oh, and well I can write even one post with noticing that I have miss spelled and missed out a word.

Edited by fleamailman, 03 September 2005 - 02:31 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The world will never end the matter it is made up of will always exist somewhere, we have like 5 billion years of a planet left before the sun goes so its gonna be a while.
If you mean the world as we know it, then we are due an iceage and are long overdue for a major planetery asteroid impact and a super tsunami is also long overdue, so not to long. But chill dont worry about what happens happens.

NemanjaM

NemanjaM

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
I once saw a TV documentary which said that the end of the world, as we know it, will come through the series of natural disasters caused by the global warming... It said that those disasters would not be so strong to destroy a country, but just enough to cause great deal of damage to cities for example - and the frequency of them will economicly weaken the countries (every one will do millions of dollars damage) until economical system of the world would collapse...

I think it was German documentary or the show...It stated among other things that if the temperature of the Mediterranean sea goes up by one more Celsius (due to global warming) - tornados will become possible in Europe (Germany and France i think)...

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
I dont think that there is any danger at all of the world ending, Gaia is tremendously resilient, However Mankinds tenure here is far less robust.

UKBiker

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
just so you people know, global warming is (censored) (pardon my french) there are many scientists who believe it isnt real and can never happen, it has been completely disprooved, the only reason its still common theory is because its good for polititions to go up and say "im against global warming, blah blah blah, stop global warming for our kids, blah, blah blah, etc."

yes, many a scientist do believe golbal warming is real and can happen, but as with every issue in science there will always be people who dont agree, all i can say is that i dont believe in it and so do many other scientists. so i do not bleive that global warming will destroy the world coz i do not believe in global warming at al

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Everyone should read 'Doomsday' written by Nigel Cawthorne! It is the top 50 ways on how the world could end!
RockyIV

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
It's nice to see everyone's view on this topic. I've seen a documentary too about Global Warming. Scientists think that half of the world will freeze to death if the ozone layer is completely destroyed. How is that possible? The earth is getting warmer, not colder. :tazz:

BTPH

BTPH

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
about the ozone layer, people assume global warming caused the whole, but we werent able to detect a hole in the ozone layer a thousand years ago or even a hundred years ago, we dont know if it was in fact cause by global warming, whose to say that hole isnt natural?

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

about the ozone layer, people assume global warming caused the whole, but we werent able to detect a hole in the ozone layer a thousand years ago or even a hundred years ago, we dont know if it was in fact cause by global warming, whose to say that hole isnt natural?

View Post

True, but that was 100 years ago. Today's modern science and technology can easily prove that the hole was in fact caused by Global Warming. It's impossible for it to be a natural hole. CFC's destroy the ozone layer, at least that's what modern science proved. :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
In the normal course of things the world warms up, the sea then becomes less salty, so less salt remains in the water at the poles when ice is formed there, so less salt remainng means a slowing of the waterflow downwards to the bottom of the sea that pushes the underwater current along the sea bed, the less water pushed along the sea bed, the less the heat exchange between hot sea areas and cold sea areas, iceage sets in but then after enough water has been taken out of the system the poles become salty enough for the currents to regain their original speed and non iceage sets in.

Greenhouse gases, and the problem of them, are not new to the Earth, the dinasors had three times the amount of carbon dioxide as today, the sea had a far greater expanses of green seaweed and slime.

Anyway, I suppose the end of the world will be when my wife wakes up and sees that I still haven't done the household shopping yet, and no my wife does not wear the trousers, she wears the suit of amour probably borrowed from Queen Bodica herself(footnote for our friends across the waves: Queen Bodica lead a local revolt in Britain against the Romans in AD something, probably couldn't put up with that Italian television we get here in Geneva, well, her revolt along with her too was crushed)

Edited by fleamailman, 04 September 2005 - 01:44 AM.

Atribune

Atribune

HijackThis Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 956 posts
  • MVP

View Post

Not sure where you are getting you info, but, The hole in the ozone layer is believed to be created by refrigerants that contain chlorine. The worst group known as CFC's and the second worst being HCFC's. The chlorine from these refrigerants made there way up into the upper atmosphere and created the hole. Now that the hole is there global warning started. Sorta the opposite of what you said in an earlier reply.

Some examples of CFC's are R-11, R-12, R-13 R-113, R-114 and a multitude or others but R-12 being the main one in use as a refrigerant in many vehicles and househld appliances. Alo there were a number of these refrigerants used to pressurize aerosol sprays like hairspray and whatnot.
Under the Montreal Protocol These refrigerants had to be Phased out by a certain date.

HCFC's are still widely in use and are set to be phased out n the next ten years. An example of an HCFC is R-22 and if you have central air in your home you probably have this refrigerant in it.

Since the Montreal protocol, the size of the hole in the upper atmosphere has reduced although not much. I doubt it will ever completely close The damage done to it with many years of improper refrigerant handling and the use of CFC's as backing gases for aerosol's, I believe is unfixable no matter how much we do.

Anyways just my $0.02

The reason I know about the refrigerant end of it is by trade I am a HVAC-R technician