Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks to Go ranking and positions

• Please log in to reply

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
What do those little caps under our names mean and how do you get more? :tazz:

I see there are many different positions at Geeks to Go (such as moderator, tech staff, staff expert, etc.) what is the job of those people with those positions (not just the ones I mentioned) and how does someone get in those positions? :)

computerwiz12890

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey, the caps under your name is the ranking of how many posts you have sent, some people are GTG Staff, and to become one of them you must sign up, Application Form . The job of GTG staff is to help out, knowing that their information is correct, and will not give you any false info. They also have the ability to help out in the Malware forum.

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 16 September 2005 - 01:49 PM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Your questions are a bit -- broad. But Ill see what I can do.

The beanies under your avatar are just a graphical representation of the number of posts that you have made here. To get more, you post more. Since you have already hit the 100 mark, I dont believe you will get the last one until you hit 1000.

Staff members is a bit harder.

Malware staff (Trusted Helpers) become staff members by going through Geek U or by going through training at another recognized institution. Experts are chosen from the Trusted Helpers once they have achieved considerable knowledge in the field. Both of these titles are held by people who help our users with their malware problems.

Hardware/OS staff (Trusted Techs) become staff by simply helping and giving good advice. These folks help with almost any computer problem.

Moderators are generally picked from the staff, although that does not have to be the case. These folks work to keep the forum working smoothly. They edit bad posts, close finished posts, and oversee their part of the forum. You will generally see Off Topic Moderator or Geek U Moderator. Thats how you can tell what they do.

Global Moderators are generally picked from the moderator staff. They oversee the entire forum without boundaries. Their job is also to make sure that the forum runs smoothly.

Admins are in in charge of the entire forum. We oversee all aspects of the site.

Does that help?

ScHwErV :tazz:

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I forgot trainees.

These guys have signed up to go through our Malware Training academy, Geek U. There are 2 levels.

Geek U UnderClassmen. These guys are just starting their training. They have a lot of reading and work ahead of them.

Geek U UpperClassmen. These folks have passed UnderClass and are now able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. They work on harder infections and can help live users.

After Geek U, they become Trusted Helpers.

ScHwErV :tazz:

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I see. I think that's everything I wanted to know. Thanks ScHwErV.