Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ad-aware blue screen

• Please log in to reply

shepard_j

shepard_j

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Everytime I try to connect in order to get latest definitions for ad-aware, I get the blue screen (memory dump). I have version 1.06.r1. I manually downloaded the defs from 14.09.2005 and was able to run the program. I am concerned that I keep getting the blue screen. I also have Symantec v9.0.1.1000 and it has detected the following threat 4 times on 16-Sep-2005 (no threats since then):

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
Event: Threat Found!
Threat: Backdoor.Graybird
File: C:\DOCUME~1\Chang\LOCALS~1\Temp\mc27.tmp
Computer: JUJU
User: Chang
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Delete succeeded : Access denied
Date found: Friday, September 16, 2005 6:22:35 PM

Is this related to my blue screen problem? I also got all my driver updates from IBM.

I am baffled, please HELP!

Thanks!

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
I think it's because of an infection.

Please go to the malware forum in my signature and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

You'll receive help there.. :tazz:

shepard_j

shepard_j

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Rawe,

I used the WinSockFix and the Clean-Up, then I ran the ad-aware with my current definitions -- no critical objects found (I ran it earlier today and it found 18 critical objects).

I went ahead and tried to connect in the ad-aware software to get updates again -- NO BLUE SCREEN! woo-hoo! Should I continue with the steps listed in the Malware forum?

Thanks for your help!

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Maybe you got an catched page or you had problems with the connection so WinsockFix worked.. I suggest you to go through the steps to make sure you don't have any other infections though :tazz:

It's great to help. :)