Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c++ for a job

• Please log in to reply

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
ok im 13 and i plan to be learning c++ through highschool but i dont think law school has programming courses so heres my question

have any of you actually made c++,java a serious job making games and programs and if your part of huge game develpment corperations or ig companies like microsoft how much do you guys get paid

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Me too! I also want to start C++ and also HTML! They all seem so complex? But never judge a book by itz cover! Whats the best tutorial the internet as got to offer?

Edited by Game_Freak, 19 September 2005 - 05:09 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
HTML, is ridiculously easy to learn just search on google you will find hundreds of good ones. When learning programing start somewhere easy like VB and work your way up, learn the principles of programing then the languages as you can learn the language but there is no point if you dont know how to develop a piece of software.

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
yes it doesnt take long to remember some of the html since it really shouldnt be classified as a scripting language

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Just because its easy doesnt mean it isnt a language.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah its still a language, its just not the thing that you think of when you think of a scripting language i can see where he is coming from. Once you know the tags though its really simple to do and pick up again its very common sense and doesnt often follow the same conventions of coding production as other languages do. But it is still a language, but once you know the principles and method of software development and understand logic conventions learning different languages becomes much simpler you just need to learn the syntax and with access to a good module library its even simpler.

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
i know i just meant its easy