Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo IM would not connect

• Please log in to reply

Florin

Florin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Been using yahoo IM for a long time...downloaded IM with voice, and afterwards couldn`t connect anymore to messenger. I use cable, but for some reason "dial-up" is in the Internet Connection feature in Yahoo Prefferences, and wouldn`t let me change it. Tried everything, but ran out of ideas,,,does any of you know how to erase the dial-up from that box and replace it with cable ?? Thanks !

Advertisements

actor_man_mike

actor_man_mike

• Pip
  • 3 posts
By any chance would you have solved the problem you were experiencing because I have the same EXACT problem. At least I know it's not just me.

actor_man_mike

actor_man_mike

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi again. I don't know if you solved the problem you were having but I managed to solve the problem I was having. I went to the site that is in the quote below and installed yahoo IM 6.0 (yahoo IM 7.0 is the most recent, it has voice messenger). Problem solved! Yahoo IM connected after I signed in and then the Yahoo Insider window popped up as it use to.

This has been the most incredibly frustrating and mysterious problem. Why version 7.0 would work great for a month or two and then stop working is beyond me. I even used the PC voice messenger and made a call from my PC to a friend's cell and it worked with no problem (at the time). Then suddenly a few days ago, it stopped working.

Yahoo needs to work the bugs out of their new version. Hope it helps!

Very stange maybe try to find an older version of yahoo install that. Once that one is installed update it to the new one.
Edit: Try going here to find an older version.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are you guys using vista, if not youre in the wrong forum, you might want to try applications.