Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to set Visual Basic OCX oleSelfRegister to 1

• Please log in to reply

trovina8

trovina8

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I have developed an OCX using Visual Basic 6. The OCX is used on a web page which I want to run on a client PC. The OCX is downloaded (installed and registered hopefully) to the client PC from my server PC.

When I right click the OCX properties, and select the Version TAB, the oleSelfRegister attribute is set to blank. I would like to know how to set this property to "1". Most of the help on the net points to Visual C and StringFileInfo, however this is not relevant to VB (or at least I don't think it is).

I know I could manually register the ocx using REGSVR32 or include the registering instructions in the INF file, however I wish the OCX to be self registering.

TIA
Tina

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi trovina8,
Try calling DllRegisterServer function from inside your code itself.

Here is link on how to use the DllRegisterServer function in vb6:
http://www.devx.com/...hemax/Tip/18426

trovina8

trovina8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ta for the reply - I compiled the OCX successfully with the export funtions, however the oleSelfRegister flag was still blank.

I note with Visual C, they reference a resource file and physically set VALUE "OLESelfRegister","1".