Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deploying Crystal Reports with Windows Forms app (C#)?

• Please log in to reply

tom_g

tom_g

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Here is the situation:
- We're developing windows forms applications in VS.NET 2005 Final
- We have reports written in Crystal Reports XI Release 2
- We need to deploy the application to our clients

Here's the problem. When I was working in VS.NET 2005 Beta 2 & Crystal XI Release 1, I had to create a VS.NET deployment project to get a Crystal Reports runtime redist file that I could run on the clients' machines. In order to do this, I remember reading about having to open the Crystal merge modules using Orca, and then put in the keycode (our Crystal XI serial number).

Anyway, I'm attempting to build a deployment project in VS.NET 2005 Final that includes the merge modules that were installed with Crystal XI Release 2, but I keep getting a compile error that states that Keycode cannot be null or blank.

So, here's my question: What is the easiest way to accomplish this? If I do need to add the keycode in the merge modules using Orca, which merge modules, and what fields?
Thanks

Advertisements