Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Dreaded Hiccups

• Please log in to reply

Mikester

Mikester

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
Everyone hates the hiccups. Annoying and sometime embarresing. Well I have found a way yo get rid of them. To do this you have to

Plug your EARS and Drink A Glass of Water at the SAME time

I know it sounds dumb but it gets rid of them everytime. Now you can't shove cotton Wads into your ears, you have to use your fingers a plug them good. This may require 2 people unless your realllly good.

Have Fun :tazz:

Edit: removed annoying text changes

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can also put a pencil in your mouth...crossways and drink some water....or take some thorazine...thorazine will always cure them

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Put a half a teaspoon of granulated sugar under your tongue. Never fails.

Johanna

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Put a half a teaspoon of granulated sugar under your tongue. Never fails.

Johanna

Tried this one a few times. Definitely works.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Lime and bitters, or don't drink so much. :tazz:

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
there is this way one of my teachers taught and it was to have someone ask you questions so you don't think about it and it just disappears. This happend cause i had the hiccups in class, she noticed and helped me out. :tazz:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also..a good way for teachers to cure it (or anyone in authority) in kids...is to ask for an answer to a question immediately.. "what's 2+2 NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW"...it will distract the m ind enough for the diaphragm to relax...but if you don't respect the person's authoritah...it wont work

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
How Convienet,

I read this Topic and then had the hiccups after eating a nice big burrito(chipotlay) I tried the Sugar remedie and it worked perfectly. Thanks :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
A shot of pineapple juice...works every time.... :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
One that works for me is to take in a big breath and hold it for as long as possible, usually about 20 seconds for me, and then let it out slowly. I also have used the plug ears and drink water and that works as well. Haven't tried the others, but the teaspoon of sugar under the tongue sounds interesting and will have to give it a go the next time I get the hiccups. :tazz:

Fenor

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
When I get hiccups, they actually are painful for me. :) the ONLY method that works for me is to take a drink of something (water usually) but NOT swallow it. Stand up, bend over at the waist...then swallow the drink. Works instantly. :tazz:

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
All very interesting responses. What happened to "scaring the living [removed]" out of the effected person? Always worked when I was young.

Please don't try to bypass the badword filters. We all know what you meant. :tazz:

Edited by admin, 04 February 2006 - 09:28 PM.