Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2003 Hang after Install

• Please log in to reply

tonyy168

tonyy168

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am working on a Sony TR2A 512MB 20GB notebook running Win XP Pro SP2. I hav installed Office Prof 2003, but, all of the Office application hangs right after I launch them, no matter it is WORD, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. It is quite a frustrating experience.

I have reinstall Office Pro 2003 a few times, by removing it from Control Panel->Remove Software, deleted the folders, even clean the registry. download the current Office SP1. It puzzles me that I can't even "end process" using the Windows's Perf monitor. The exe will stay as a process until I shutdown Windows.

I use Norton Internet Securoity 2005, but, turn it off during install or post installation does seem to affect or help my problem either. I used SPyHunter, Adware to scan and remove unwanted files, mostly cookies

All other applications runs fine! That is the puzzling thing.

DOes anyone have experienced this problem? Any insight would appreciated.

Tiger168

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have a go with disabling the office plug in NAV Misc opt