Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alcan Worm infected

• Please log in to reply

alcan worm infected

alcan worm infected

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have been reading forums for days trying to fight this worm on my own. I don't think I have it totally killed.

I thought that my anti virus software removed the worm. But something is still not right.

I cannot run cmd, ipconfig, regedit unless i specifically type cmd.exe or ipconfig.exe. Otherwise it opens up cmd.com and ipconfig.com

From what i researched i have the alcan worm. Please help me to make sure my computer is clean. I have ran multiple software as suggested.

please help. Thank you

HJT log removed

Edited by don77, 14 April 2006 - 07:18 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi alcan worm infected...

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome

As waanbe said you should post your HJT log in the malware forum, I removed your HJT log from your post here,

Please run through this Topic

Then start a new topic in the malware forum, Looks as though you got rid of most of it, doing what is listed in the topic I posted should get you finished up

Don :whistling: