Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning Problem - Buffer keeps Going Up & Down

• Please log in to reply

The G

The G

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I have a major problem in the last few days when i've gone to burn something the Buffer level keeps going up and down causing it to take much longer to burn, its a NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A. Ive had it since i got the PC last year and its the first time anything like this has happend.

Please Help

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. First, and perhaps the most simple thing to try is to clean the lens. You can get an optical drive lens cleaning disk at most electronics stores, even Walmart.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also...close as many running processes as possible during the burn, turn of your screen saver...and make sure the thing's not going into standby mode

The G

The G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Thx for the help so far guys, Austin i cant believe i never even thought of that first, so gonna get me one of those hopefully this week. & dsenette my ''ScreenSaver'' is already turned of so i'am cool with that also on the running processes, i'am gonna do a scan i think and get a ''Hijack This'' log up later because i've checked and there's a few more processes running then normal.

Thx again.

The G

The G

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey Guys

First off would it be ok to use a ''Laser CD Player Head Cleaner'' instead of a ''Optical Drive Lens Cleaning disk'' i know thats its only for CD players but i thought if it cleans the lens then why not, but i'am, asking here first as i dont wanna brake my DVD Re-Writer do i.

I dont wanna be paying out for a ''Optical Drive Lens Cleaning Disk'' for it not to work but i guess i dont know 100% that it wont work but if my DVD Re-Writer is broke then i'am gonna need the cash to buy another one and knowing my luck thats what i'll end up doing.

Oh and last thing if i go to ''Device's'' then ''Hardware'' and uninstall my DVD Re-writer and then i want to install it again to see if it solves the problem would it still be under devices to install again i dont wanna uninstall it then not be able to re-install it ,lol

Thanks for anyhelp guys.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Make sure you've closed all unnecessary background tasks before burning.