Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Final Fantasy XI install hassles

• Please log in to reply

bainbridgen

bainbridgen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I want to install Final Fantasy XI, so after getting a message that read "You need to install the Play Online Viewer before installing FINAL FANTASY XI", I put disc 5 in and hit the setup.exe and installer started up.

About halfway through installation, I got another error message that read "Error 1335. The cabinet file Data1.cab required for this installation is corrupted and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD - ROM, or a problem with this package."

I noticed someone else posted this topic before, but he seemed to have answered it himself and the topic is now closed. He must've been a genius I guess.

Could someone let me know if I can fix this, or get a replacement Data1 file or bypass something or whatever...?

I'd appreciate the help.
Nathan

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
try turning off an internet filtering before installing

bainbridgen

bainbridgen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thx for the reply ditto...

How about if I just turned my Net connection off while I install?

Or not?

DarkChaos

DarkChaos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok i need some serious help... i play final fantasy XI my i uninstalled it because i guess the files in the game became corrupted somehow and stuff wouldnt show up on the game that was spose to, it would crash without warning sometimes without warning etc..., but thats all gone now, when i tryed reinstall this game i got an error message saying installation error 1335 files on disc are corrupted or what not
heres everything i remember trying

borrowed same set of discs from a friend and used those to try to install didnt work
tried cleaning both disc and the cd rom lens didnt work
even tried reinstalling windows didnt work
did a clean boot then flatfile install didnt work (copying disc files to harddrive to install)
i tried deleting my temp files
i've tried completely removing both my hard drive and disc drive replacing them with drives from another computer then tried reinstalling didnt work
installed it on another computer it worked on that comp but just doesnt work on mine
i've tried that reseting the memory thing in the msconfig didnt work
now i've reinstalled windows again and i tried it again and it still doesnt work...
now i come to u hopeing u guys have some sort of way to fix this please help me

DarkChaos

DarkChaos

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i figured out what was wrong with it. my cousin took his ram and put it into mine and my computer ran like nothing was ever wrong. so my conclusion "faulty ram"