Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Frequency out of range message for windows 7

• Please log in to reply

rsingh

rsingh

• Pip
  • 4 posts
HI Guys, looking for anyone who can help me.

I just installed windows 7 and its tries to complete the setup, as in starting windows 7 for the first time and then the screeen goes blank and i get the error message up "Frequency out of range message".... thing is cause the setup has not completed i cant access safe mode or compelte the setup.

i have changed my graphics card and the same still happens.

any ideas... pls help :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is usually an issue with your monitor.
Having said that, Windows 7 is Beta software. Please don't rely on it for anything critical as it will probably fall over unexpectedly.

rsingh

rsingh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks mate, i managed to resolve the problem. i got to start up with a lower resolution and then changed the monitor settings.

Now just got to wait for a new driver for my G/card.

munta

munta

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks mate, i managed to resolve the problem. i got to start up with a lower resolution and then changed the monitor settings.

Now just got to wait for a new driver for my G/card.

i have the same problem. could you please explain how you started up with a lower resolution since its not even going into safe mode?

rsingh

rsingh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well for start my windows 7 was a fresh install, all i did was let the installation complete, even if i could not see anything on the screen... then finally i booted up and hit f8 and i had the option to start in safe mode. and once that was done all i did was change the screen res and frequency to a lower value... by default set your monitor and G/card to 640 x 800 and it will work fine

munta

munta

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hmm.... tried the lower resolution setting, still giving me the over frequency message.

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
try a 1024 by 720.
How old is the monitor and whats the max resolution.
Whatever the max is go under it.

:)

niceburn

niceburn

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!

My friend has the same problem. He has Windows 7 installed on his PC but he can't start it normally because the monitor goes black and displays the error message "OVER-FREQUENCY" with the V=60.*Hz, H=70.*Hz (something like that, not sure of the numbers) on the screen.

I tested his CPU on another monitor (which is my monitor, not same brand) and it did fine. Windows 7 started normally.

I did the following things hoping that they will fix the problem:

1) I restored the monitor's factory settings by using the recall function.
2) Started on Safe Mode and picked the lowest possible resolution and refresh rate...640X480 60Hz, 16-bit color.

But to no avail. What could be causing this error/problem? I'm thinking it's the monitor since his CPU worked on my monitor but not on his.

Your help will be much appreciated. Thank you!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: niceburn

Please start your own topic as this topic has not had a response in 5 months now.
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.