Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! FireFox not Internet Explorer!

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

I am wondering how I can have Firefox open my email when I want to reply to an ad on Craigslist? I have the same problem when I try to send an email from Windows Messenger. It opens Internet Explorer for my Hotmail when I already have Hotmail open in Firefox, then I have to re-sign in.

I think I have been just about everywhere that is relevant in the control panel, but maybe I'm missing something.

Firefox is set as the default web browser.

Thanks,

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
It appears the only way would be to download a 'different' MSN and install a plug-in... However the other MSN comes bundled with a Lop infection... I will continue searching, but don't get your hopes up... Microsoft is the maker of IE and MSN so chances are they've allowed no way to open it another way...

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Thanks, I hope you have some luck. Anyone else wanna join in on the search to free my FireFox from corporate domination? =)

Anyway, I will look forward to your reply,

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
After some research... mostly on my own computer... there seems to be no way to change these sort of settings;

Not in the registry
Not in Windows Accesses and Defaults
Not in MSN Tools/Options

In the attempt to learn more I tried something that ended up giving me three shortcuts to firefox; that were unusable, and impossible to delete... according to Windows, they weren't there.... A system restore later and they're gone. So no harm done...

Unless you want some infections by downloading a rogue MSN, I suggest that you just open Firefox and go to hotmail.com

The only thing quicker than that is to create another Firefox shortcut and set the homepage to Hotmail.com... Of course you still have to log in and all that....

Good Luck
:)
piano9playa5