Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How-to upload video to an iPod

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Videos must be converted to MP-4 format. Videora works well, is easy to use, and free: http://www.videora.c...od/download.php

HOW TO USE VIDEORA:
1. Open it up and install it.
2. Get on the Convert page.
3. Click the One Click Transcode button.
4. Browse the video file and select it, it will take aprox. 30 minutes to encode the video.
5. Once its done, go under Videora and click on the Videos tab.
6. You will see your move it will have an akward name (i.e. TS_06)
7. Open up iTunes and create a new play list.
8. Drag the video over click Update on your iPod. Now you have video!

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
If for some reason the video doesn't appear after you have updated your iPod, try the following:

In iTunes, go to EDIT > Preferences
On the iPod tab, under Video, check "Automatically update all video"
Click OK

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you dont have a video ipod and have a photo you can play videos by installing ipod linux onto the ipod apparently it also makes putting videos onto a video ipod easier as well. Read it in a magazine thought it worth a mention in here.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
This is a tutorial forum warriorscot. Can you put together a guide on how to do that? If so, I'll spilt it into another topic.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
So it is keep looking at this and clicking on it thinking its OT. I can see if i can type out the a summary of the tutorial from this magazine or i might email the magazine(PC format) and see if they can send me it. Ill also check their forum and see if they have it and ill post a link, that way i can cut down on this big pile of writing/typing ive got to do(catching up on last semesters lecture notes).

Edited by warriorscot, 03 January 2006 - 12:57 PM.

copromesis

copromesis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, i converted it but i see no "videos" tab, where is it??

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
if youre using the videora ipod converter the converted videos are in c:\program files\videora ipod converter\videos

alexroa54

alexroa54

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
when I converted a movie it didn't have any sound how can I solve this?
tx

elias.s.w

elias.s.w

• Pip
  • 2 posts
in between steps 3 and 4 everything ends up failing. is it because i have not downloaded any videos onto my computer.

rb19

rb19

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've used magicbit ipod converter to convert a .vob. The problem I've had is that when I put it into Itunes, it needs to convert it once more. Would someone mind telling me what all the settings should be like. And also, what kind of audio is best for an Ipod Video. Dolby 5.1 2Ch 3Ch??? Lastly, when I put the video onto my Ipod, it is out of sync. The audio is way faster than the video. How can I rectify or isolate this problem? Thanks.

Advertisements

neon delusion

neon delusion

• Pip
  • 1 posts

if youre using the videora ipod converter the converted videos are in c:\program files\videora ipod converter\videos

its not working for me. help? im technologically challenged. =P

Clinks

Clinks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i can see the video option..(ipod options>ipod>video) but i couldn't change the settings because the options in the video part is grey.. what do i do?? =(

Edited by Clinks, 28 February 2006 - 08:06 AM.

acid944

acid944

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I recently downloaded the videora program to get videos onto my iPod. I followed all of the steps and the first time it worked but, the next time I followed the same steps and got to the point where I needed to drag the file onto itunes it would not work. Also when I go to decode videos it decodes really fast which I dont think is right because my other video took roughly twenty-five minutes,and ideas?

foally

foally

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok i downloaded Videora, then i put in my DVD and i hit one click converter and i had to click on like 8 things one at a time and hit convert. it only took a few seconds. then i went into videora program files then into videos but there was nothing there. Am i doing something Wrong?
Thanks
Foally :tazz:

BabyGurhl24

BabyGurhl24

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i downloaded videora and i installed it and everything. i did steps 1, 2, 3, and 4. but when i got up to step 5 i got confused and got lost. if you can give any help that would be great.

thank!