Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Hotmail Problems

• Please log in to reply

Sephiroth1986

Sephiroth1986

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

I would like to report a few things thats been happening to me while trying to log on to "MSN Hotmail"

1. While trying to log on to "MSN Hotmail" using "Internet Explorer" and "Deepnet Explorer" i enter my details and click on sign in, it attempts to load a page and all i get is a blank white screen and in the bottom left corner it says Done???

2. I attempt to sign in using "Mozilla Firefox" which is the only browser that lets me sign in but with a few problems, while entering my details and clicking on sign in button it starts to load and a half disstorted page comes up and a new window pops up saying "exzamine certificate" and i click on "do not accept and dont load page" and i click on the ok button but it asks me the same question 3 times and loads the page anyway? which is asking for my password saying i typed in the wrong one (which i didnt) and it looks like a MSN Hotmail sign in page but with white everywere and a disstorted Sign in box on the right side?? i have to close the browser and load it up again and try again and this time it loads with no problem?? but i have to do this everytime "Open, sgin in, close window, open sign in and everythings ok"

Could sumone be hacking in to MSN Hotmail by transfering data (passwords, Usernames) from the web page it self by redirecting the data to the hacker's PC? or is my PC tagged in sum way sending data to the Hacker alerting them that im loging on? I really dont understand why my IE and Deepnet cant login to MSN Hotmail i have to use mozilla and go thorugh that problem everytime :-(

I cant even loggin using MSN Messenger since that uses IE

PLEASE im really worried that my personal Info might be leaking and could do with any help.

Thanks

Advertisements

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Sephiroth1986, Welcome to Geekstogo

Take a look at this: From http://www.handypass...-problems.shtml

Hotmail sign in problems?

A number of customers have problems with signing in to Hotmail, here are a few things one can try to sort them out.
Clear temporary files

A solution, suggested by the Microsoft Support Team, is to clear Internet Temporary files and History. This can be done in the following way:
# In Internet Explorer, from the "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options".
# On the "General" tab, under "Temporary Internet Files," click "Delete Files".
# Click "Settings" and select "Every Visit to the Page".

To confirm that the files have been deleted, click "View Files." If they have not been deleted, select all files and delete them.
# Under "History," click "Clear History".

However, most of the times a different approach is required.
Disable any firewall/protection software

One of things one can do to sign-in to Hotmail is to disable any firewall/protection software, running on the computer. This could be ZoneAlarm, for instance. This should allow the cookies to pass from the server to your computer.
Enable cookies

Another thing to do is to allow cookies on your computer:
# In Microsoft Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
# Click the Privacy tab, and then click Advanced.
# Select the Override automatic cookie handling check box, and then select the Always allow session cookies check box.
# Click OK, and then click OK again.

Note: This is the recommended option on shared computers. (this one is provided by Microsoft on its online help pages)

Hopefully, after applying any of the above features, you will be able to sign-in to Hotmail.

Give it a shot

PS other folks seem to be having trouble today, so it might be a problem with their site.

Best regards,

EMCguy

Sephiroth1986

Sephiroth1986

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Nope sorry dude it didnt help :tazz: i still get the blank white screen any other ideas?? i would be greatful

Cheers

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Some questions:

What operating system are you using?

When did this start happening?

How do you prevent malware (viruses, spyware, adware) from getting to your machine?

Best regards,

EMCguy

Sephiroth1986

Sephiroth1986

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Im using XP pro and this started happening afew Months ago and i use Ad-aware, Ewido security suite, and Blueyonder PCguard

Edited by Sephiroth1986, 29 September 2005 - 06:23 AM.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi there i had the same problem and I am now able to access it i think it has something to do with hotmail.

EMCguy

EMCguy

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
Sephiroth1986

You could well be right that someone is phishing for your passwords on that acount.

How do you connect to the internet? Dialup/DSL etc

Do you use a firewall?

Best regards,

EMCguy