Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer is possesed,

• Please log in to reply

supergirl90

supergirl90

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

Iam running on windows xp.

My browser is mozilla.I also installed explorer, but rarely use it.

For the past few weeks, my comp shuts itself off every few minutes, abd restarts itself without warning. The time period in which it does this varies.

I went to the malware removal board, and followed all steps, so everything is clean now.

Since then, it stays on longer now, lest say 4 hrs compared to it would shut off before every 20 mins, but it still shuts itself off.

When it restarts, a box apperas telling me windows has recovered from a serious error, would u like to make a report. I lick no or the x, and the box keeps popping back up, it OwNt go away. I have learned to click and drag it to the bottom of the screen and leave it there.

Not only that, in the middle of browsing the net, an error box will appear telling me mozilla has experienced a problem and needs to close. I close it, and then reopen the browser, then a few minutes later, it will do it again. This happens with mozilla and explorer. Like the other issue, the time frame in which it does this varies. but it happens every day and i can get nothing done! Its a miracle if i get throught this post.

from the malware board, i learned that i was running two spyware blockers, that were incompatable, so i removed one, iam not sure if that is what helped keep the comp on longer or not, or if it was the removal of the 472 infections it had.

Please, is there anyone that can help?????????

Advertisements

Alopeke

Alopeke

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Next time you get that message that "Windows has recovered from a serious error" let it send a report. It should take you to a Windows information website and tell you what is wrong.

I was having the same problem recently and let it send the report and it told me that it was a problem with my ATi video card. It was a hardware problem too. It would of taken me forever to figure it out on my own.

On your system it might be that a driver needs to be updated or there is a hardware problem. Just let it send the error report and check out the diagnosis. Also let us know what it says too.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Alopeke...

Are there any numbers associated with the error message? If so, please make note of them and post them to this thread.

Please post a HiJackThis log for us so we have a little more information on what's running on your machine.

wannabe1

supergirl90

supergirl90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi guys
Ill appreciate any help..I really am so close to setting this comp on fire.

When i click to send report on the mozilla problem...it says this document is associated with the report.. c:\docume~1\office\locals~1\temp\155e_appcompat.txt.

the next time i did it it said the same but it was temp\f47c.txt instead.

the windows error box doesnt show any specifics when asked to send report.

heres my log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:43:47 AM, on 10/5/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpohmr08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpotdd01.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\hpoevm08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Bin\hpoSTS08.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\office\Desktop\New Folder\New Folder\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c.../search/ie.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...rch/search.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://us.rd.yahoo.c...//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
N3 - Netscape 7: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine", "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src"); (C:\Documents and Settings\office\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\mpow4aye.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\YIeTagBm.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [InCD] C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [THGuard] "C:\Program Files\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ares] "C:\Program Files\Ares\Ares.exe" -h
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: hp psc 1000 series.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: hpoddt01.exe.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1106541748353
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.micros...b?1128376617604
O16 - DPF: {FE0BD779-44EE-4A4B-AA2E-743C63F2E5E6} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://pdl.stream.ao.../ampx_en_dl.cab
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Ahead Software AG - C:\Program Files\Ahead\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe

Edited by supergirl90, 05 October 2005 - 11:49 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This will result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.

supergirl90

supergirl90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi desente, thank you so much for your help. I did what u asked and heres what i got, different things everytime....

First one i got:
stop:c000021a (fatal system error)
the windows subsytem process terminated unexpectedly with a status of oxc0000005 (oxe2c3f00a oxo102ddd8)

2nd one i got:
stop : ox0000008e(oxc0000005, ox00000043,oxBABF1F4, ox00000000)

3rd one, which retstarted as windows was loading up:
"the problem seems to be causes by the following file ACPI.SYS PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

technical info stop: ox00000050(oxFFFFFFFS, ox00000000, oxF84FASPP, ox00000000) ACPI.SYS ADDRESS F84FASPP base ar F84E7000, datestamp 41107d27

There u have it. I have no idea what it means, but i cant get anything done. sigh.

Thanks again.
pS. I forgot to mention my comp is linked to my brothers comp dwnstairs, we share the router,and some of the vwr messages i got mentioned that his comp "ZDSQUARE-MZGMSZ beleives that it is the master browser for domain transport netbt_tcpip(903bc9ao_sdb) The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced"

I also am getting drwtason pop ups and when i click send document is reads c:\docume~1\office\locals~1\temp\WER693c.dir00\drwtsn32.exe.mdmp and another that reads " " appcompat.txt.

the viewer alos mentions something about an adapter in one of its red x logs.
and
the pml driver hp212 service service has entered the stopped state.
iam very lost.

Edited by supergirl90, 06 October 2005 - 10:58 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://support.micro...=316503&sd=RMVP
for the first one...do you have the roxio go back thing installed? i dunno...most other references for that one i've found said to try a system restore..

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;315335

for the second one...which suggests a ram failure
http://www.memtest86.com/ run this

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;817197
might be related to the third one if you have lexar removable media

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;262492
if you have an hp printer

the acpi.sys file is an acpi driver....

this might fix #3

Do you have a valid XP cd?

If so, place it in your CD ROM drive and follow the instructions below

Start > Run > cmd then type

sfc /scannow (note the space)

let this run untill you get a message saying it is complete.

sfc - system file checker, retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

If you want to see what was replaced, right click My Computer > manage, expand event viewer > system.

supergirl90

supergirl90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
dsentte u are a computer angel.Thanks so much. I will try these steps and report my results.

Edited by supergirl90, 06 October 2005 - 11:27 AM.