Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New build no post beeps no video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sickwidit

sickwidit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Have
Antec 300 case
e8500
gigabyte ep45 ud3p board
thermaltake tr2 500w psu
corsair ddr2 pc6400 cgm2x2g800
either a 9800gt or a 7800gt card

Well neway i hooked all this up, I got no video.. no post beeps. Computer will turn on then shut off repeativly within a cple seconds. I had a heck of a time getting the stock push pin fan secure. I believe it is secure as i thought this was the issue. I also switched the pwr with the reset to see if it was a problem there.

I removed the memory to see if i could get a beep. and nothing there. I also double checked my motherboard to make sure i didnt miss any off the standoffs.

When it does power on, the psu will sound sluggish in a low pitched noise, like it is not kicking on fully. Those stocks fans are a pain and i pressed pretty hard a few times stressing the board to make sure the pins were locked, i dont think it was that severe though.

I thought i knew what i was doing...lol. But as it appears i dont. :) My only thought is to replace the cpu fan and or psu. Although the psu works fine in my other computer. The only thing that was new to me, was the 8 pin ATX 12v on the motherboard, and my psu only has the 4 pin. I read up on that to see if it was a issue, and other forums and posts said it was not an issue. But i do not have a cover for the 4 other pins, if that matters?

Any help and ideas to what my problem is would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. :)

O yeah i did double check the cpu was put in correctly and no pins were bent or damaged during my process of securing the fan.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Duplicate topic. I have responded in your other topic located HERE
I will close this duplicate topic. Respond to original topic please.