Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PROBLEMS STARTING XP PRO

• Please log in to reply

wshacking

wshacking

• Pip
  • 8 posts
MY SON'S PC HAS A PROBLEM. WHEN STARTED IT GOES TO THE BLACK SCREEN WITH WHITE WRITING . THERE ARE SEVERAL OPTIONS AVAILABLE HERE- START NORMALLY, START IN SAFE MODE, START WITH PROMPT, ETC, NON OF THESE WORK IT JUST RUNS IN A LOOP BACK TO THIS SCREEN. i WOULD LIKE TO USE HIS RECOVERY DISC BUT THIS IS DAMAGED, I HAVE MY OWN XP PRO DISC ANY IDEAS OF HOW I CAN GET HIM RUNNING AGAIN WITHOUT LOSING ANY OF HIS SAVED FILES. THANKS

Advertisements

Battle Unit

Battle Unit

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
For data backup i would reccomend in your case to connect your HDD to another working PC and manually copy files that you wabt to save. Then connect your HDD back and perform a format and re-install Windows...

wshacking

wshacking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
THANKS . HOW DO I DO THAT

Battle Unit

Battle Unit

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Basically, you have open your computer case, disconnetc the HDD, then open a case of another computer, and connect it there :)

Then, if the Windows boots normally (on second PC, of course), your HDD will be detected as a logical drive, and you will be able to copy files from it.

After the files are copied, you can divide your drive into two logical drives - one for Windows, and the second for data...

Huh, honestly, I would advice you to ask some of your friends, familiar with computers, for help! All these steps I think are difficult if you don't know what you are doing.

PS
Press "Caps Lock" please :)

wshacking

wshacking

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Many thanks to Battle Unit ,his suggestions enabled me to save all the valuable files and get my son's pc running again. PS sorry about caps I didn't realise it was rude and may cause offence to use them.Thanks again