Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some sort of malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

thickandthin

thickandthin

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have read the tutorial on absolving malware and spyware issues, however when I have tried to download the files and software needed to eliminate the problem, none of these will download properly. I can get to the download and run screens, but after I download nothing else happens. None of the programs run properly. I have no idea as to the name of the malware. The aggravating pop-up says "System Security Firewall Alert". I use symantec for virus protection and it won't function properly after the infection. I am using XP. Any help is greatly apprecitated.

Advertisements

kevinf80

kevinf80

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 104 posts
Hi there,

Maybe better to visit the malware forum Here Please read the first pinned topic "Malware and spyware cleaning guide" then follow the advice in the guide.

Kev...

thickandthin

thickandthin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi there,

Maybe better to visit the malware forum Here Please read the first pinned topic "Malware and spyware cleaning guide" then follow the advice in the guide.

Kev...

The thing is I've already "been there done that". None of the applicable files or downloads will run as they should. I have been through the process and get nothing but aggravation. I've attempted to download the entire process but none have any affect or run as they should.

edge2022

edge2022

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
Give a link to your malware topic please.
If you haven't posted in the Malware Forum yet, then do so. Provide the logs from the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide.

Edited by edge2022, 23 May 2009 - 06:05 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You have made a topic in the right forum, Virus Removal

Just have some patience and somebody will get to helping you out.