Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unstoppable MALWARE- Windows Antivirus?

• Please log in to reply

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Let me first express my admiration for all that you guys do and for your incredible talents! I have never had the “pleasure” of dealing with such an issue as I am now experiencing and did not realize all of the complexities surrounding malware. My computer is my source of income (business analyst) and I am nearing a complete halt to my work because of this. My system is slow, popups (Windows Antivirus, Windows Security Alert) aren’t stopping, etc…

I am hopeful that I have addressed everything you guys want me to before posting but after no sleep last night reading posts, downloading and rebooting, I am really at the end of my rope. Please, Please, Help! I am willing to support with a “donation” or anything else I can do to allow me to work and spend some time with my wife and twins :whistling:

Here is what I remember that I have done so far:

1. I have followed the directions under “You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log,” as best as I could (the program has restricted my access to do a system restore, control panel, etc).
2. I have purchased, downloaded and ran two scans with PC tools “Spyware Doctor” which removed some problems but hasn’t stopped the issues (just ran it again today with all of todays updates with no luck)
3. I have downloaded and ran SUPERAntiSpyware, ccleaner, SMITREM, roguremover, ATF Cleaner, all which found some things and removed them but have not stopped the issues.
4. One minor success: The only thing that seems to remove the ! icon in the tray and allows me to access the control panel is running SmitfraudFix. However, after a system restart, everything is back
5. Needless to say, I don’t know what else to do, can someone please kindly assist… Im willing to do anything I can to solve this problem.
6. HijackThis log follows….

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:52:35 AM, on 8/27/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ibmpmsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\SCardSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acautoreg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\accoca.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SPAWAR VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Pantech\Sprint Mobile Broadband (Pantech)\PWIUtilityService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dantz\Retrospect\retrorun.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPONSCR.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY_1\TpScrex.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
C:\IBMTOOLS\UTILS\ibmprc.exe
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\MXOALDR.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\OneTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\ActivCard\ActivCard Gold\agquickp.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\MMReminderService.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\Iomega HotBurn Pro\Autolaunch.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\George\Desktop\Spyware removal\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CmjBrowserHelperObject Object - {AC41D38F-B56D-40AD-94E0-B493D130C959} - C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\Mm6InternetExplorer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [S3TRAY2] S3Tray2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TpShocks] TpShocks.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPHOTKEY] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter] "C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\ctlcntr.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TP4EX] tp4ex.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EZEJMNAP] C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UC_Start] C:\Program Files\IBM\Updater\\ucstartup.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IBMPRC] C:\IBMTOOLS\UTILS\ibmprc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMGAG] RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\pwrmonit.dll,StartPwrMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMLREF] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\BMMLREF.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMMONWND] rundll32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatInfEx.dll,BMMAutonomicMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MXO Auto Loader] C:\WINDOWS\MXOALDR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MaxtorOneTouch] C:\PROGRA~1\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\OneTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickPassword] C:\Program Files\ActivCard\ActivCard Gold\agquickp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMReminderService] C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\MMReminderService.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drag'n'Drop_Autolaunch] "C:\Program Files\Iomega\Iomega HotBurn Pro\Autolaunch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Printer] C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pdfSaver3] "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spoolsv] C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe
O4 - Startup: findfast.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Cisco Systems SPAWAR VPN Client.lnk = C:\Program Files\SPAWAR VPN Client\vpngui.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Yahoo! Search - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsrch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Dictionary - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycdict.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &Maps - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycmap.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Yahoo! &SMS - file:///C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common/ycsms.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to Mindjet MindManager - {531B9DC0-D8EE-4c76-A6EE-6C1E50569655} - C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\Mm6InternetExplorer.dll
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [JAVA_IBM] Java (IBM)
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {493ACF15-5CD9-4474-82A6-91670C3DD66E} (LinkedIn ContactFinderControl) - http://www.linkedin....nderControl.cab
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: x-excid - {9D6CC632-1337-4A33-9214-2DA092E776F4} - c:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\mimectl.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: hrum230.txt
O20 - Winlogon Notify: psfus - C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\psfus.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: QConGina - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\QConGina.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: tphotkey - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\tphklock.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: ActivCard Gold Autoregister (acautoreg) - ActivCard S.A. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acautoreg.exe
O23 - Service: ActivCard Gold service (Accoca) - ActivCard - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\accoca.exe
O23 - Service: ACU Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h cltCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SPAWAR VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: IBM Rapid Restore Ultra Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PifEng.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: Pantech Utility Service - Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Pantech\Sprint Mobile Broadband (Pantech)\PWIUtilityService.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PSA Access Driver Control (PsaSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsaSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: QCONSVC - IBM Corp. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\QCONSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: Retrospect Launcher (RetroLauncher) - Dantz Development Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dantz\Retrospect\retrorun.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Protector Suite Virtual Token (vtserver) - UPEK Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
GeorgeF,

Welcome to Geeks to Go. You have a pretty infected PC there, but I'm going to help you clean it up. It will take multiple steps to get you clean, so please stay with me.

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlog...processutil.htm

Thanks,

sari

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Let me say that my heart stopped for a minute when I saw your reply (I was thrilled!). The computer is a mess and its really hard to work! So again, thank you for being here for me.

Log file from SMITFRAUDFIX...

SmitFraudFix v2.217

Scan done at 12:00:50.87, Tue 08/28/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\George\Desktop\Spyware removal\NEWSMITFRADUFIX-828\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix
OS: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] - Windows_NT
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Process

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» hosts

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\Web

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\WINDOWS\system32

C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe FOUND !

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\George

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Documents and Settings\George\Application Data

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Start Menu

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\DOCUME~1\George\FAVORI~1

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» C:\Program Files

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Corrupted keys

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Desktop Components

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Sharedtaskscheduler
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"="hrum230.txt"

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Winlogon.System

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Rustock

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» DNS

Description: Intel® PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 150.125.132.20
DNS Server Search Order: 150.125.132.24

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B72CC3EB-C988-48E1-A36C-4F544685F0ED}: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{B72CC3EB-C988-48E1-A36C-4F544685F0ED}: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{B72CC3EB-C988-48E1-A36C-4F544685F0ED}: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Scanning for wininet.dll infection

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» End

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
GeorgeF,

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder again and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and Allow to run the express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • Once the short scan has finished, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, in the menu, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
Please post the rapport.txt, the DrWeb report, and a new hijackthis log.

Thanks,

sari

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sari:

Once again, thank you for your assistance. I went through the procedures you outlined and ran into a few issues which I will outline below. I am getting very anxious as today is the second day that I have been (basically) unable to work due to this problem. Also, I want to reiterate my commitment to support your efforts with a donation once we are confident the computer is no longer compromised or at risk.

My apologies in advance if the below information is confusing, so as to reduce the burden with understanding, here is what I did:

1.In safe mode, followed your directions for SMITFRAUDFIX.
-Note that when I first got into safe mode, the exclamation mark (!) was showing but after running the fix disappeared. Saved the log (below: 1st rapport log - Safe Mode)
2.Rebooted in normal mode
-Note that the exclamation mark (!) with the “Windows Antivirus” was once again showing.
3.Tried running Dr. Web CureIt but was unable to do so (I selected start and then the program went to the “Buy” Screen but did nothing else--- Do I need to buy it?)
4.Thinking that the SMITFRAUDFIX items that appeared to be corrected in Safe Mode had likely returned (based on the presence of the ! again), I ran SMITFRAUDFIX again. Saved the log (below: 2nd rapport log - Normal Mode)
5.Tried running Dr. WebCureIt again but was once again unable to do so.
6.Since I deviated from your directions, I once again went back into safe mode and ran SMITFRAUDFIX again. Saved the log (below: 3rd rapport log - Safe Mode)
7.Rebooted in normal mode, tried running Dr. WebCureIt a third time but could not
8.Ran Hijack this and saved the log (below: hijackthis log)

I am hopeful that the process I went through is understandable. Bottom line, I couldn’t run the Dr. WebCureIt and the “3rd rapport log - Safe Mode” and “hijackthis log” are the latest for reference.

Thank you, Thank you… I eagerly look forward to your reply and thoughts.

-----1st rapport log - Safe Mode------

SmitFraudFix v2.217

Scan done at 15:26:11.57, Tue 08/28/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\George\Desktop\Spyware removal\NEWSMITFRADUFIX-828\SmitfraudFix\SmitfraudFix
Fix run in safe mode

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Killing process

10.18.250.4 ad.doubleclick.net
10.18.250.4 ad.fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 ads.fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 ar.atwola.com
10.18.250.4 atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 avp.ch
10.18.250.4 avp.com
10.18.250.4 avp.ru
10.18.250.4 awaps.net
10.18.250.4 banner.fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 banners.fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 ca.com
10.18.250.4 click.atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 clicks.atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 customer.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 dispatch.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 download.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 downloads-us1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads-us2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads-us3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads4.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 engine.awaps.net
10.18.250.4 f-secure.com
10.18.250.4 fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 ftp.avp.ch
10.18.250.4 ftp.downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.downloads3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.f-secure.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.kasperskylab.ru
10.18.250.4 ftp.sophos.com
10.18.250.4 ids.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 kaspersky.com
10.18.250.4 liveupdate.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com
10.18.250.4 mast.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 media.fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 my-etrust.com
10.18.250.4 nai.com
10.18.250.4 networkassociates.com
10.18.250.4 norton.com
10.18.250.4 phx.corporate-ir.net
10.18.250.4 rads.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 secure.nai.com
10.18.250.4 securityresponse.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 service1.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 sophos.com
10.18.250.4 spd.atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 symantec.com
10.18.250.4 trendmicro.com
10.18.250.4 update.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 updates.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 updates1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates4.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates5.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 us.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 vil.nai.com
10.18.250.4 viruslist.com
10.18.250.4 viruslist.ru
10.18.250.4 virusscan.jotti.org
10.18.250.4 virustotal.com
10.18.250.4 www.avp.ch
10.18.250.4 www.avp.com
10.18.250.4 www.avp.ru
10.18.250.4 www.awaps.net
10.18.250.4 www.ca.com
10.18.250.4 www.f-secure.com
10.18.250.4 www.fastclick.net
10.18.250.4 www.grisoft.com
10.18.250.4 www.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 www.kaspersky.com
10.18.250.4 www.kaspersky.ru
10.18.250.4 www.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 www.my-etrust.com
10.18.250.4 www.nai.com
10.18.250.4 www.networkassociates.com
10.18.250.4 www.sophos.com
10.18.250.4 www.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 www.trendmicro.com
10.18.250.4 www.viruslist.com
10.18.250.4 www.viruslist.ru
10.18.250.4 www.virustotal.com

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting infected files

C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe Deleted
C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\autorun.exe Deleted

HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{B72CC3EB-C988-48E1-A36C-4F544685F0ED}: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Deleting Temp Files

"System"=""

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

-----2nd rapport log - Normal Mode------

SmitFraudFix v2.217

Scan done at 15:57:19.66, Tue 08/28/2007
Fix run in normal mode

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

10.18.250.4 atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 awaps.net

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

Description: Intel® PRO/1000 MT Mobile Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
DNS Server Search Order: 150.125.132.20
DNS Server Search Order: 150.125.132.24

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{B72CC3EB-C988-48E1-A36C-4F544685F0ED}: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{B72CC3EB-C988-48E1-A36C-4F544685F0ED}: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=150.125.132.20 150.125.132.24

"System"=""

Registry Cleaning done.

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

-----3rd rapport log - Safe Mode------

SmitFraudFix v2.217

Scan done at 16:08:56.48, Tue 08/28/2007
Fix run in safe mode

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

10.18.250.4 atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 avp.ch
10.18.250.4 avp.com
10.18.250.4 avp.ru
10.18.250.4 awaps.net
10.18.250.4 ca.com
10.18.250.4 customer.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 dispatch.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 download.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 downloads-us1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads-us2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads-us3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 downloads4.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 f-secure.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.avp.ch
10.18.250.4 ftp.downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.downloads2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.downloads3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.f-secure.com
10.18.250.4 ftp.kasperskylab.ru
10.18.250.4 ftp.sophos.com
10.18.250.4 ids.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 kaspersky.com
10.18.250.4 liveupdate.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com
10.18.250.4 mast.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 my-etrust.com
10.18.250.4 nai.com
10.18.250.4 networkassociates.com
10.18.250.4 norton.com
10.18.250.4 phx.corporate-ir.net
10.18.250.4 rads.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 secure.nai.com
10.18.250.4 securityresponse.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 service1.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 sophos.com
10.18.250.4 symantec.com
10.18.250.4 trendmicro.com
10.18.250.4 update.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 updates.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 updates1.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates2.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates3.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates4.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 updates5.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 us.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 vil.nai.com
10.18.250.4 viruslist.com
10.18.250.4 viruslist.ru
10.18.250.4 virustotal.com
10.18.250.4 www.avp.ch
10.18.250.4 www.avp.com
10.18.250.4 www.avp.ru
10.18.250.4 www.ca.com
10.18.250.4 www.f-secure.com
10.18.250.4 www.grisoft.com
10.18.250.4 www.kaspersky-labs.com
10.18.250.4 www.kaspersky.com
10.18.250.4 www.kaspersky.ru
10.18.250.4 www.mcafee.com
10.18.250.4 www.my-etrust.com
10.18.250.4 www.nai.com
10.18.250.4 www.networkassociates.com
10.18.250.4 www.sophos.com
10.18.250.4 www.symantec.com
10.18.250.4 www.trendmicro.com
10.18.250.4 www.viruslist.com
10.18.250.4 www.viruslist.ru
10.18.250.4 www.virustotal.com

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\autorun.exe Deleted

"System"=""

Registry Cleaning done.

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

------hijackthis log------

Scan saved at 4:27:14 PM, on 8/28/2007

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\George\Desktop\Spyware removal\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CmjBrowserHelperObject Object - {AC41D38F-B56D-40AD-94E0-B493D130C959} - C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\Mm6InternetExplorer.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPKMAPHELPER] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ControlCenter] "C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\ctlcntr.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCTRAY] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QCWLICON] C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMGAG] RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\pwrmonit.dll,StartPwrMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMMMONWND] rundll32.exe C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatInfEx.dll,BMMAutonomicMonitor
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [type32] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MaxtorOneTouch] C:\PROGRA~1\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\OneTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickPassword] C:\Program Files\ActivCard\ActivCard Gold\agquickp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMReminderService] C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\MMReminderService.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Drag'n'Drop_Autolaunch] "C:\Program Files\Iomega\Iomega HotBurn Pro\Autolaunch.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ibmmessages] C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pdfSaver3] "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Cisco Systems SPAWAR VPN Client.lnk = C:\Program Files\SPAWAR VPN Client\vpngui.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Windows Desktop Search.lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\WindowsSearch.exe
O7 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to Mindjet MindManager - {531B9DC0-D8EE-4c76-A6EE-6C1E50569655} - C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\Mm6InternetExplorer.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @C:\Program Files\Messenger\Msgslang.dll,-61144 - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {493ACF15-5CD9-4474-82A6-91670C3DD66E} (LinkedIn ContactFinderControl) - http://www.linkedin....nderControl.cab
O18 - Protocol: ms-help - {314111C7-A502-11D2-BBCA-00C04F8EC294} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\hxds.dll
O18 - Protocol: x-excid - {9D6CC632-1337-4A33-9214-2DA092E776F4} - c:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\mimectl.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: psfus - C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\psfus.dll
O23 - Service: ActivCard Gold Autoregister (acautoreg) - ActivCard S.A. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acautoreg.exe
O23 - Service: ActivCard Gold service (Accoca) - ActivCard - C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\accoca.exe
O23 - Service: ACU Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h cltCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service (CVPND) - Cisco Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SPAWAR VPN Client\cvpnd.exe
O23 - Service: IBM Rapid Restore Ultra Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IBM\IBM Rapid Restore Ultra\rrpcsb.exe
O23 - Service: IBM PM Service (IBMPMSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\ibmpmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe" /h ccCommon (file missing)
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PifEng.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: IBM PSA Access Driver Control (PsaSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsaSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Retrospect Launcher (RetroLauncher) - Dantz Development Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dantz\Retrospect\retrorun.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: IBM KCU Service (TpKmpSVC) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpKmpSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Protector Suite Virtual Token (vtserver) - UPEK Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Virtual Token\vtserver.exe

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
GeorgeF.,

I'm going to try something different.

Please download the OTMoveIt by OldTimer.
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Please double-click OTMoveIt.exe to run it.
  • Copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe

• Return to OTMoveIt, right click on the "Paste List of Files/Folders to be moved" window and choose Paste.
  • Click the red Moveit! button.
  • Copy everything on the Results window to the clipboard by highlighting ALL of them and pressing CTRL + C (or, after highlighting, right-click and choose copy), and paste it on your next reply.
  • Close OTMoveIt
*If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately, you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine, choose Yes.
**If a reboot was necessary or you needed to Exit before posting the log, you will find a copy of the log at the root of the drive where OTMoveIt is installed, usually at :
C:\_OTMoveIt\MovedFiles\********_******.log
(where "********_******" is the "date_time")

Click "Exit" to close OTMoveIt.

Download the HostsXpert 3.7 - Hosts File Manager.
  • Unzip HostsXpert 3.7 - Hosts File Manager to a convenient folder such as C:\HostsXpert
  • Click HostsXpert.exe to Run HostsXpert 3.7 - Hosts File Manager from its new home
  • Click "Make Hosts Writable?" in the upper right corner (If available).
  • Click Restore Microsoft's Hosts file and then click OK.
  • Click the X to exit the program.
  • Note: If you were using a custom Hosts file you will need to replace any of those entries yourself.
Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked.

Reboot into safe mode and run Smitfraudfix again. Reboot into normal mode.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan - you must use Internet Explorer for this to work.
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report.

Please post the Activescan report, the smitfraud report, and a new hijackthis log.

Thanks,

sari

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sari:

I was able to run and move the OTMoveIt files (results below) however, when I tried step #2 HostsXpert 4.0 (you mentioned 3.7 but the link is for 4.0, not sure if that is an issue) the following error message appeared: “Cannot open file C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts”

Not good news I guess. Again, I eagerly await your reply with my next steps. Thank you so very much!

------OTMoveIt Results--------

C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe moved successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe moved successfully.

Created on 08/28/2007 18:44:31

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
George,

Don't despair - we'll fix your hosts file after this. Go ahead and follow the rest of the steps I gave you.

sari

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sari:

Thank you for the encouragement… I may need a little more! I went through the suggested steps again and ran into a couple of more problems. Here is what I have done:

1.Ran OTMoveIt (results below)
2.Tried HostsXpert again just hoping it would work… again with no luck
3.Ran HIJACKTHIS and checked and fixed the files (got the following error message: “An unexpected error has occurred at procedure: modBackup_MakeBackup(sItem=O20 - AppInit_DLLs: hrum230.txt) Error #5 - Invalid procedure call or argument”
4.Ran SMITHFRAUDFIX again (log below)
5.Tried the Panda link… no luck (I think they have changed their name). When I got to the site, It would not allow me to access the page for the scan
6.Ran HIJACKTHIS again (log below)

Is there any hope? I am trying to stay positive but two lost days of work and a lot of missed time with the family is getting sad.

Thanks again for everything and for being there!

------OTMoveIt Results--------

C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe moved successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe moved successfully.

Created on 08/28/2007 20:51:41

------SMITFRAUDFIX Results--------

SmitFraudFix v2.217

Scan done at 21:04:59.62, Tue 08/28/2007
Run from C:\Documents and Settings\George\Desktop\Spyware removal\SmitfraudFix
Fix run in safe mode

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

10.18.250.4 atdmt.com
10.18.250.4 awaps.net

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{A989A7B9-E721-4103-9864-A06C72137D5F}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{A989A7B9-E721-4103-9864-A06C72137D5F}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.0.1

"System"=""

Registry Cleaning done.

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

-----------HijackThis Log-----------

Scan saved at 9:36:45 PM, on 8/28/2007

Running processes:
C:\Documents and Settings\George\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\findfast.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sari:

This morning I updated my spyware doctor database and ran a full scan (as I have done for the last 3 mornings). As with each morning in the past, the scan located "spyware.possible_website_hijack" and removed the host entries.

The good news is after a reboot, the yellow box and exclamation (!) is gone but the restrictions on the control panel and the popups for "windows security alert" are still present... I am sure I am not out of the woods yet. To get us back on the same page, I am posting an updated HijackThis log below.

Hopefully, today will be the day!

---------Hijackthis Log-------

Scan saved at 9:14:41 AM, on 8/29/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\UltraNav Wizard\UNavTray.EXE

Edited by GeorgeF, 29 August 2007 - 08:04 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
GerogeF,

Hang tight. There's a tool I'd like to run, but I'm waiting for a little bit of additional information. In the meantime, I'd like some files uploaded for analysis.

Please go to Uploadmalware to upload a suspicious file for analysis.
  • Enter your username from this forum
  • Copy and paste the link to this thread
  • Browse for this filename: C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe
  • In the comments, please mention that I asked you to upload this file
  • Click on Send File
Please repeat this for the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe

I'll post back shortly.

Thanks,

sari

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Done... both files have been uploaded.

Many thanks once again!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
GeorgeF,

You appear to have some new form of something - in my research, I've only uncovered two other entries like this:

And both of them are from the last few days. I'm going to have you run a scanner that should at least delete some of your bad files, and it will also provide me a more detailed look at what's going on in your PC.

Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.
  • Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall

Thanks,

sari

GeorgeF

GeorgeF

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sari:

I like new things but not too excited about being one of the first with this. Ran ComboFix and Hijack this... logs below. Also, before I ran conbofix, I rebooted to ensure that it caught what was going on and on the reboot, the ! was once again there. It is now absent after the combofix run and it looks like my access to control panel, etc is back.

It is stating to look like on each reboot, things come back that we have removed. Without further ado, here you go:

----Combofix log-----

ComboFix 07-08-29.3 - "George" 2007-08-29 11:45:49.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.117 [GMT -4:00]
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#www.broadcaster.com
C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-07-28 to 2007-08-29 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-08-29 11:57 24,070 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe
2007-08-29 11:42 51,200 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\nircmd.exe
2007-08-28 21:11 24,070 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe
2007-08-28 21:11 24,070 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe
2007-08-26 22:35 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\CMMGR32.EXE
2007-08-26 22:35 0 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\ORUN32.EXE
2007-08-26 22:22 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-08-26 22:15 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\SUPERAntiSpyware.com
2007-08-25 10:45 82,248 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iksyssec.sys
2007-08-25 10:45 57,672 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\iksysflt.sys
2007-08-25 10:45 40,264 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ikfilesec.sys
2007-08-25 10:45 29,000 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\kcom.sys
2007-08-25 10:44 626,688 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr80.dll
2007-08-25 10:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor
2007-08-25 10:44 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\PC Tools
2007-08-25 10:27 6,360 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\tmp.reg
2007-08-25 09:28 22,112 -ra------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\COH_Mon.sys
2007-08-16 14:24 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\U3
2007-08-15 07:37 221,184 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmpns.dll
2007-07-29 08:59 <DIR> d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\LinkedIn

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2007-08-29 11:28 --------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Symantec
2007-08-28 20:31 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2007-08-27 14:56 --------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\Yahoo!
2007-08-27 14:56 --------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\yahoo!
2007-08-27 07:29 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2007-08-26 22:36 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor for Windows
2007-08-26 22:35 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\NetWaiting
2007-08-25 09:28 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security
2007-08-15 07:36 --------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Microsoft Help
2007-07-30 19:19 92504 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\cdm.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 92504 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\cdm.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 549720 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuapi.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 549720 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuapi.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 53080 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
2007-07-30 19:19 53080 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuauclt.exe
2007-07-30 19:19 43352 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups2.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 325976 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wucltui.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 325976 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wucltui.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 271224 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\mucltui.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 207736 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 203096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuweb.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 203096 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuweb.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 1712984 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-07-30 19:19 1712984 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wuaueng.dll
2007-07-30 19:18 33624 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\wups.dll
2007-07-30 19:18 33624 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wups.dll
2007-07-25 07:38 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Yahoo!
2007-07-14 11:24 806 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.INF
2007-07-14 11:24 8014 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.CAT
2007-07-14 11:24 48776 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\S32EVNT1.DLL
2007-07-14 11:24 115000 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\SYMEVENT.SYS
2007-07-14 11:24 --------- d-------- C:\Program Files\Symantec
2007-07-14 11:04 --------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\George\APPLIC~1\Symantec
2007-06-27 20:30 --------- d-------- C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Retrospect
2007-06-26 11:13 851968 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\vgx.dll
2007-06-26 10:35 665600 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll
2007-06-26 02:08 1104896 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\msxml3.dll
2007-06-26 02:08 1104896 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msxml3.dll
2007-06-19 09:37 282112 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll
2007-06-19 09:37 282112 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\gdi32.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 96256 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\inseng.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 616960 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\urlmon.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 55808 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\extmgr.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 532480 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mstime.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 474112 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shlwapi.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 449024 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtmled.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 39424 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\pngfilt.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 357888 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dxtmsft.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 3064320 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\mshtml.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 251904 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 205824 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\dxtrans.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 16384 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\jsproxy.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 151040 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\cdfview.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 1498112 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\shdocvw.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 146432 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\msrating.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 1054208 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\danim.dll
2007-06-15 04:12 1022976 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\browseui.dll
2007-06-14 06:32 18432 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\iedw.exe
2007-06-13 06:23 1033216 --a------ C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
2007-06-13 06:23 1033216 --------- C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache\explorer.exe
2006-02-07 09:39 36488456 --a------ C:\Program Files\iTunesSetup.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"S3TRAY2"="S3Tray2.exe" [2001-10-12 03:32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\S3Tray2.exe]
"TPKMAPHELPER"="C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe" [2004-02-04 22:39]
"TpShocks"="TpShocks.exe" [2004-03-26 22:16 C:\WINDOWS\system32\TpShocks.exe]
"TPHOTKEY"="C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\PkgMgr\HOTKEY\TPHKMGR.exe" [2005-03-03 21:10]
"ControlCenter"="C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\ctlcntr.exe" [2004-09-24 20:11]
"TP4EX"="tp4ex.exe" [2002-09-04 05:05 C:\WINDOWS\system32\TP4EX.exe]
"EZEJMNAP"="C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe" [2003-12-25 06:04]
"UC_Start"="C:\Program Files\IBM\Updater\\ucstartup.exe" [2004-07-14 20:34]
"UC_SMB"="" []
"dla"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe" [2004-09-02 05:05]
"ibmmessages"="C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\\ibmmessages.exe" [2004-07-22 06:01]
"IBMPRC"="C:\IBMTOOLS\UTILS\ibmprc.exe" [2004-03-19 16:12]
"QCTRAY"="C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCTRAY.EXE" [2005-03-18 07:07]
"QCWLICON"="C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\ConnectUtilities\QCWLICON.EXE" [2005-03-18 07:07]
"BMMGAG"="C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\pwrmonit.dll" [2004-07-29 05:37]
"BMMLREF"="C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\BMMLREF.EXE" [2004-07-29 05:37]
"BMMMONWND"="C:\PROGRA~1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatInfEx.dll" [2004-07-29 05:37]
"type32"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\type32.exe" [2003-05-15 19:45]
"IntelliPoint"="C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\point32.exe" [2003-05-15 19:41]
"SynTPLpr"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe" [2004-06-16 14:53]
"SynTPEnh"="C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe" [2004-06-16 14:53]
"MXO Auto Loader"="C:\WINDOWS\MXOALDR.EXE" [2003-04-07 19:09]
"MaxtorOneTouch"="C:\PROGRA~1\Maxtor\OneTouch\Utils\OneTouch.exe" [2003-05-21 16:30]
"QuickPassword"="C:\Program Files\ActivCard\ActivCard Gold\agquickp.exe" [2002-08-29 08:07]
"QuickTime Task"="C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" [2006-02-07 09:43]
"pdfSaver3"="" []
"MMReminderService"="C:\Program Files\Mindjet\MindManager 6\MMReminderService.exe" [2006-04-03 21:52]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe" [2006-10-12 04:10]
"Drag'n'Drop_Autolaunch"="C:\Program Files\Iomega\Iomega HotBurn Pro\Autolaunch.exe" [2005-04-28 10:02]
"ISUSPM Startup"="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe" [2004-07-27 16:50]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2004-07-27 16:50]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2007-01-10 01:59]
"osCheck"="C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\osCheck.exe" [2007-01-14 03:11]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2007-03-12 18:30]
"BluetoothAuthenticationAgent"="bthprops.cpl" [2004-08-04 04:56 C:\WINDOWS\system32\bthprops.cpl]
"SDTray"="C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe" [2007-08-14 17:02]
"Printer"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\printer.exe" [2004-12-26 15:42]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"ibmmessages"="C:\Program Files\IBM\Messages By IBM\ibmmessages.exe" [2004-07-22 06:01]
"ctfmon.exe"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe" [2004-08-04 04:56]
"pdfSaver3"="C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange 3\pdfSaver\pdfSaver3.exe" [2004-09-05 17:20]
"Spoolsv"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolvs.exe" [2004-12-26 15:56]

C:\DOCUME~1\George\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup\
findfast.exe [2004-12-25 21:49:19]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\explorer]
"NoPropertiesRecycleBin"=0 (0x0)
"NoPropertiesMyComputer"=0 (0x0)
"NoPropertiesMyDocuments"=0 (0x0)
"NoDesktopCleanupWizard"=0 (0x0)
"DisablePersonalDirChange"=0 (0x0)
"NoSimpleStartMenu"=0 (0x0)
"NoChangeStartMenu"=0 (0x0)
"NoNetworkConnections"=0 (0x0)
"NoSetTaskbar"=0 (0x0)
"NoToolbarsOnTaskbar"=0 (0x0)
"NoStartMenuNetworkPlaces"=0 (0x0)
"NoSMMyDocs"=0 (0x0)
"NoSMHelp"=0 (0x0)
"NoManageMyComputerVerb"=0 (0x0)
"NoSecConsole"=0 (0x0)
"NoSharedDocuments"=0 (0x0)
"NoSecurityTab"=0 (0x0)
"NoHardwareTab"=0 (0x0)
"NoFileMenu"=0 (0x0)
"NoNetConnectDisconnect"=0 (0x0)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks]
"{56F9679E-7826-4C84-81F3-532071A8BCC5}"= C:\Program Files\Windows Desktop Search\MSNLNamespaceMgr.dll [2007-02-05 15:39 294400]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon]
"Shell"="Explorer.exe C:\WINDOWS\shell.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\psfus]
C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\psfus.dll 2004-09-24 20:15 108636 C:\Program Files\IBM fingerprint software\psfus.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\QConGina]
QConGina.dll 2005-03-18 07:07 262144 C:\WINDOWS\system32\QConGina.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\winlogon\notify\tphotkey]
tphklock.dll 2004-08-13 00:11 24576 C:\WINDOWS\system32\tphklock.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\currentcontrolset\control\lsa]
"Notification Packages"= scecli pwdmon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\sdauxservice"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\sdcoreservice"

R0 iomdisk;Iomega Devices Disk Filter Services;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\iomdisk.sys
R0 Shockprf;Shockprf;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Shockprf.sys
R1 ANC;ANC;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ANC.SYS
R1 IBMTPCHK;IBMTPCHK;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\IBMBLDID.SYS
R1 ShockMgr;ShockMgr;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ShockMgr.sys
R1 TPPWR;TPPWR;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\Tppwr.sys
R2 acautoreg;ActivCard Gold Autoregister;C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\acautoreg.exe
R2 Accoca;ActivCard Gold service;C:\Program Files\Common Files\ActivCard\accoca.exe
R2 CVPND;Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service;"C:\Program Files\SPAWAR VPN Client\cvpnd.exe"
R2 CVPNDRVA;Cisco Systems IPsec Driver;\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\CVPNDRVA.sys
R2 ibmfilter;ibmfilter;\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ibmfilter.sys
R3 actccid;ActivCard USB Reader V2;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\actccid.sys
R3 Actrpcsc;Actrpcsc;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\actrpcsc.sys
R3 AtmelTpm;AtmelTpm;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\AtmelTpm.sys
R3 DNE;Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\dne2000.sys
R3 TcUsb;TC USB Kernel Driver;C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\tcusb.sys
S2 ACTR;Smart Card Reader;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ACTR.sys
S2 cis1284;cis1284;\??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cis1284.sys
S3 CVirtA;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\CVirtA.sys
S3 MXOFX;USB Storage Adapter FX (MXO);C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\MXOFX.SYS
S3 Point32;Microsoft IntelliPoint Filter Driver;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\point32.sys
S3 QCNDISIF;QCNDISIF;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\qcndisif.SYS
S3 SCM488C;SCM Microsystems SCR120 PCMCIA Smart Card Reader;C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\pscr.sys

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\mountpoints2\{58e23ba1-4b33-11dc-b13d-0010c6dfd455}]
AutoRun\command- E:\LaunchU3.exe -a

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
*Newly Created Service* - COMHOST

Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
2007-07-31 11:11:27 C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - George.job - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Navw32.exe

catchme 0.3.1061 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2007-08-29 11:57:54
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 NTFS

detected NTDLL code modification:
ZwClose

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2007-08-29 12:03:30
C:\ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt ... 2007-08-29 12:03

--- E O F ---

-----Hijackthis Log-----

Scan saved at 12:06:38 PM, on 8/29/2007

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\UltraNav Wizard\UNavTray.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
GeorgeF,

I see you're on the forums - I'm putting together a fix right now.