Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista experiencing MAJOR problems (Blue screen!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shannon Jade

Shannon Jade

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,
I just recently got this laptop, (when I say recently I mean like a month or two ago!)
So this is very unusual what is happening,
I keep getting the blue screen. Well I have gotten it twice.
Just then I ran a error check on the hard disk. It said something about SMART system failure (I don't know what it said but it said something about failure and "SMART") and also said I should back up my files ASAP because problems were imminent? :S

Well anyway..also, Windows Update does NOT install. At all! It always errors! I have no idea why!
Please help me you guys.

[edit]
Just realised I may have started this in the wrong thread. Please let me know if this is the wrong one! Apologies.
[edit]
OMG guys! Please help! A screen just come up saying this..
Windows detected a hard disk problem
Back up your files immediately to prevent information loss,m and then contact the computer manufacturer to determine if you need to repair or replace this disk.

-> Start the backup process
-> Ask me again later
If the disk fails before the next warning, you could lose all of the programs and documents on the disk.

The following disks are reporting failure:
Disk name: HTS541080G9SA00 ATA Device
Volume C:\

Edited by Shannon Jade, 23 July 2009 - 07:32 AM.

Advertisements

Octagonal

Octagonal

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Hi Shannon Jade,

I see that you are being helped with your problem in the one of the hardware forums. I will close this thread for now as it appears that your problem belongs in the other forum. Once you get the hard drive sorted out and if you are still having problems that you believe are Malware related then please start a new topic in this forum.

There are some good techs helping out in the other forum. :)