Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Quiz

• Please log in to reply

MacGyver Jack

MacGyver Jack

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Windows Vista Free

http://www.microsoft...vista/quiz.aspx

For those who Missed a chance In downloading The iso Take Part in the Quiz And The cd will be yours

Good Luck!

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's pretty easy, but here's the answers if needed:
  • Vista
  • Clarity
  • November 2006
  • True
  • Aero
  • All the above
  • All the above
  • 512 MB

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Does the CD come with a product key?

Also, why is it from Microsoft India, and not Microsoft in the US?

Thanks for the link! :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
maybe the servers in india who knows

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Different countries MS divisions are largely independant and offer different things, a good example the royale theme for XP is only available everywhere else if you buy MCE but MS newzealand decided to offer it for XP users.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
sounds good. i havn't tried vista yet. beta 2 should be good.

MacGyver Jack

MacGyver Jack

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
The cd will come with the activation number

and when the cd arrive i will post some picts

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its good to try free CDs are always good but dont hold your breath they dont have to send you it as we found it here with the USB pen offer it was a "while stocks last" as im sure this probably is. I just wonder if this is the original beta 2 build or one of the newer ones, the RC1 is out soon and anyone who got on the beta is entitled to a copy.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

RC1 is out soon and anyone who got on the beta is entitled to a copy

It's due in September, and will be open to everyone, whether you recieved beta 2 or not.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
wow can you guys post it in the news section of the forum as soon as rc1 release date is confirmed? And what's new in rc1, will it have dx10, and glass cursors?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I read on one of the blogs of the developers that it wasnt being rolled out to everyone for a while people who got the beta would be able to get it a couple of weeks before everyone else to try and get round the number of downloads that caused problems with beta 2. They might have changed it or it might never have been but i remeber reading it.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Windows Vista Team Blog

Will Microsoft open testing sign-ups again when RC1 is released?

Yes.

Will the Customer Preview Program be available for those who missed out on Beta 2 to sign up and get RC1?

Yes.

If I participated in Beta 2 by downloading a PID and the build, will I be able to participate in RC1 automatically?

Yes.

†Gladiator†

†Gladiator†

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
What's new in RC1? if i am running beta 2 is it worth the hassle? will there be an opion of upgrading from beta 2 to rc1? any answers would be greatly appreciated. I googled vista rc 1 and didn't find any technical specifications.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
RC1 = Release Candidate 1

Yes, you should be able to upgrade from beta 2 to RC1, and yes it will be worth the hassle. A release candidate means "We think it's finished, and this is the software we'd like to release. Is it ready yet?" People who have seen recent builds say that RC1 will "rock your world". One thing for sure, it will install faster, run faster, be more stable, and should be feature complete.

Technical specs have not, and should not change. Even after the offical release.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
From what im reading its build 5520 they have earmarked for RC1 and its alot further ahead than the betas, this one should have near full functionality and importantly the RC1 is going to have DX10 and be DX10 ready, Nvidia has been hinting at a DX10 release from them as early as next month, ATI wont be about until November at the earliest though even so itll be packaged with the latest DX9 which is very capable and an improvement over DX9c.