Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Logoff Loop - Login only available in Safe Mode [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Brass07

Brass07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello again heir,

Thanks for getting back with me.

I completed steps 1 and 2. I did not go past Step 2. After deleting the old "new" account and creating a new user administrator account I am still not able to complete the login while in normal mode. As it was going through the first login in normal mode for the new user account, a message appeared that the PC was shutting down. It never even loaded my desk top.

Sorry this has been such a thorn. I seriously appreciate your continued efforts.

Advertisements

Brass07

Brass07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
heir,

PS...I will be away 11/6-11/8.

heir

heir

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,427 posts
Hello Brass07!

We need to get into normal mode.

We're going to get some help from the tech helpers here at geekstogo.

Start a new topic in the Operating systems forum. Explain your problem and also post a link to this topic.

Make a post in this topic with the link to your topic in the Operating systems forum. Then I'll notify one of the tech helpers.

When you can get into normal mode come back here and we'll sort out any malware issue.

regards
heir

Brass07

Brass07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello heir!

Here's the link to the new post in the Operating System forum;
http://www.geekstogo...de-t217441.html

I appreciate your continued efforts!

Brass07

Brass07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello heir!

I decided to install a new battery back up today since that was my last functioning point in time. My issue appears resolved. I assume I had some service or software linked to the power functions causing the PC to shut down. I tried to remove the settings in safe mode for my user account, but apparently that did not impact the account in Normal mode.

Thanks again for your assistance.

heir

heir

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,427 posts
Hello Brass07!

Good to hear that you can logon into normal mode again.

You were infected before and as we hasn't finish the process of cleaning your computer I recommend that we continue to make sure that you're computer is clean.

We'll start of with scanning your computer in normal mode.

Step 1.
Scan with RSIT:

• Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random from here.
  • It is important that is saved to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both C:\rsit\log.txt (<<will be maximized) and C:\rsit\info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Step 2.
Things I ould like to see in your reply:

• The content of C:\rsit\log.txt and C:\rsit\info.txt from Step 1.

heir

heir

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,427 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.