Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD burner help

• Please log in to reply

wannabecompnerd

wannabecompnerd

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hi i have a problem my cdburner wont burn everytime i put in the blank cd the whole computer freezes up and i have to restart it if anyone knows how to fix this problem please answer this post thanks!!! :) :) :tazz:

Advertisements

p_mii_nawy

p_mii_nawy

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
are you using some type of burning software, nero, blindwrite..etc? check your system for any bad files like mal/ad/spyware. these types of files will sometimes corrupt some of your windows files and some hardware might not work. follow the start here link and do a scan on your pc. hope this helps
PMN

wannabecompnerd

wannabecompnerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
no my software is fine, recently i reinstalled windows xp but still the cd burner isnt working the software is good and no spyware or viruses. the thing is when i got the cd burner it was working perfectly then one day it just stopped burning cds and every time it put a blank cd in or any cd the whole computer freezes up.

Inu-Ya

Inu-Ya

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
You know... I just use the Windows Wizard to make my Data CD's. It works fine but however, When I try to make a Music CD it acts like its burning the files but when I took it out and put it back in it was Blank. so, I got the feeling of something and made back ups and did a reformat whitch I had to do anyway. well, Now it's fine but the burning music thing still don't work. Only works on Itunes and Nero 6 Express that came with my Cd-Combo Drive. 52X32X52 Combo Drive Memorex Beige 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM IDE CD Burner Works good with Itunes and Nero 6 but with the Windows Wizard and even with Sp2 it still no good but i'm not so... sure as I have not tried it in awhile and may work now.

Realplayer did work a few but now it stoped working so... I switched to Itunes and its great. I like the look of Itunes though. Weird that Realplayer stop working though. Had to relocate my music for Itunes to make playlist.

Hope all this was good Info.

Inu-Ya

Edited by Inu-Ya, 07 October 2005 - 07:36 PM.

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Topic- CD Burner Issue
Date- 7th Oct-2005

Welcome –

1st – Need some more info on [CD] & [PC]–

1 – [Mfg] & [Model #] of CD – (Internal / External) – (Interface Connection)
2 – Upgrade from WIN 98
3 – When was CD installed – [Before or After] Upgrade
4 – Did CD work after Upgrade & then suddenly fail – or Failed before Upgrade -
5 – What SP is Installed – SP1 or SP2 or None – ( Did CD fail after SP installation)
6 – How old is PC
7 – PC – [MFG] – [Model] - + [Type] – (Laptop – Desktop – Tower)

2nd – Download the Free Home Edition of [EVEREST] so we can analyze your PC –
http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

3rd Run [EVEREST] & do the following steps to obtain 4 [REPORTS] – from these – will be able to answer CD Issues & suggestions better -

Report-1: [Wannabecompnerd -CPU-1]
1 – Expand [COMPUTER] Folder
2 – Click on [SUMMARY] Folder
3 – On Main Menu – Click on [REPORT] >On pop down menu – Highlight [Quick Report-Summary] >Click on [HTML]
4 – Save to File as [Wannabecompnerd -CPU-1] & attach to POST

Report –2: [Wannabecompnerd -Mobo-1]

1 – Expand [MOTHERBOARD] Folder
2 – Click on [MOTHERBOARD] Folder
3 – Click [REPORT] >[Quick Report-Motherboard] > [HTML]
4 – Save to File as [Wannabecompnerd -Mobo-1] & attach to POST

Report –3 :[ Wannabecompnerd -Devices-1]

1 – Expand [DEVICES] Folder
2 – Click on [DEVICES] Folder
3 – Click [REPORT]>[Quick Report-Devices]> [HTML]
4 – Save as File [Wannabecompnerd -Devices-1] & attach to Post

Report –4 :[ Wannabecompnerd -Storage-1]

1 – Expand [STORAGE] Folder
2 – Click on [STORAGE] Folder
3 – Click [REPORT]>[Quick Report-Storage]> [HTML]
4 – Save as File [Wannabecompnerd -Storage-1] & attach to Post

Post – Answers to – [PC & CD Questions] & attach the [4 - EVEREST REPORTS] – to [Reply Post] so we can [Address your CD Issues] and offer suggestions –

Thank you
Jack123

wannabecompnerd

wannabecompnerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
AMD duron 1.2 Ghz
MSI Ms-6380E
maxtor 40 gb
ati radeon 9200 SE
1 80mm case fan
320 or 300 watt power supply not sure
LG 52x cd drive
aopen crw5224 cd burner(it says JustLink on the front of cd burnder but on computer it sasy aopen)
a standard floopy drive

those are the stats umm i will post a better version when i get the full stats on my computer

fyi i got this computer for 300$ brand new 1.5 yrs ago the only thing i put in was laser mouse and ati radeon 9200 Se the cd burner still worked fine untill 1 day it just stopped working

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Have you tried just going into the DEVICE MANAGER (Right click MY COMPUTER, click on PROPERTIES, click on the HARDWARE tab and then click the DEVICE MANAGER button) and clicking the '+' symbol next DVD/CD-ROM drives, right clicking on your CD Writer and choosing UNINSTALL and then reboot your computer and let windows reinstall the drivers for it and see if it works?

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 13 October 2005 - 07:40 AM.

wannabecompnerd

wannabecompnerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
umm no i will try that tnx for help

wannabecompnerd

wannabecompnerd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hey it worked my d burner is wrtring cds again THNX for help :woot: :tazz: :woot: :)

allstarookie

allstarookie

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
does the drivers automatically reinstall when ur reboot the pc after unistalling the drive