Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with Rundll32

• Please log in to reply

Akkiras

Akkiras

• Pip
  • 5 posts
So I was trying to play some pc game and i get this error message about Rundll32 not responding. At first it was the Run32dll that wasn't working but somehow that started to work, and now I just have this error message. I'm using a new 9600 GT and I downloaded the recent drivers for it, I also downloaded DX9C because somebody suggested that to me from somewhere else.

Can anyone help me out?

Advertisements

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Double check to make sure you have the latest drivers from nVidia, as well as ensuring your chipset drivers, and Vista updates are installed and up to date. Other than that, if the problem persists, you may want to try a different game, or updating to dx10 to see if it is a problem specific to the game you are trying to play.

Akkiras

Akkiras

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Yeah, I all current Nvidia driver updates, as well as DX10 and DX9c updates. Now that I think about it, maybe my problem might be with Vista SP1 beta thing, I'll see if I can disable it.
And by the way, I am only having problems with Bioshock so far, Witcher, Fear and UT3 work perfectly.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
vista sp1 is not in beta any longer. It has been officially released. Please check Microsoft windows update, there may be some files you need to install. You may also want to check here: http://www.microsoft...svista/sp1.mspx

Akkiras

Akkiras

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I know it has been officially out, but I've been hearing problems so I'm debating whether I should get SP1.

Ok, I un installed Bioshock then updated to SP1. Re installed it, and still having the problem with the error of Run32dll.

Edited by Akkiras, 31 March 2008 - 10:38 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
could you post the exact error or screenshot?

you have installed the patches for bioshock?

Akkiras

Akkiras

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Picture of the error.

http://img227.images...tworkingpv8.jpg

edit: and I do have the latest update of 1.1

Edited by Akkiras, 01 April 2008 - 10:01 AM.