Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New hardware compatability checks

• Please log in to reply

coopedup

coopedup

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

I came across a web site some time back that offered a small utility that would check your pc hardware setup and then give you up-grade options, e.g. what CPU you could use on your current motherboard or what "new" motherboard would take your current cards (it allowed you to build a progressive upgrade list).

The problem is that I can no longer find the link or anything via Google that gives this sort of information/

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Neil

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. One that I know about and have used to upgrade my old HP PIII 450 Mhz Slot1 cpu to a 1.2 Ghz processor is http://www.powerleap.com/PL-iP3T.jsp
Run their upgrade configurator and it will tell you about possible upgrades for your machine.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Or you can just post specs and someone on here is usually willing to go over what you can upgrade for the best price if its worth upgrading.