Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dropdown menu to switch css's

• Please log in to reply

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
ok i have a problem similar to the previous topic. can i make a drop down menu (like when u go to file>save as and then u can "select file as type") where u select between several themes (actually css files) and a button that changes the .css file to the selected theme, WITHOUT making seperate indexes/pages for each theme? maybe using php?(my index happens to be written with a little php so it's index.php). and, of course, once u select the theme u want to use, make it that ALL the following pages have that theme so that u don't have to select it every time! please i'd like code for the drop-down menu and the button since i've never done this kind of thing before.

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I can send you the code for a drop down box without a goto button or post it here, but you have many great sources on the web you can "Google" for that have terrific examples. Do you want specific links to these are just the code with the how-to-use instructions?

Ron

TaNkZ101

TaNkZ101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
for me it's not a problem to get a dropdown box since, as u said, i can just google it. rather the problem is getting it to make the current page link to a different .css file, NOT to go to a different page that i created that has a different .css file linked. also so that then ALL the pages are then linked to the newly-selected css file.

heh i realise that i have just re-stated my primary question lol