Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FTP errors : Connection reset by peer

• Please log in to reply

infaddict

infaddict

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hi,

I have a friend who maintains a very small website and uploads to it using CuteFTP. He is now having a problem where CuteFTP will not upload jpegs, even though they are very small in size and he has plenty of webspace.

I asked him to try using plain command line FTP and this reveals the "netout : connection reset by peer" error on a jpeg about 40-50k in size (screenshot attached). Is this a problem with the remote host closing the connection or could something local be doing this?

He tells me that everything was working fine until he ran CleanUp! on his machine (standard run of CleanUp). Since then CuteFTP stopped uploading these files correctly. This could be co-incidence and unrelated to CleanUp, but he believes this is the only thing he's done in between CuteFTP working ok and now not working ok.

I have yet to ask for a HJT log from him and will do so shortly, but thought I'd ask in here first. Any ideas please ?

:tazz:

Attached Files

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's possible that the cleanup removed some of the settings for cuteFTP...don't know what settings those would be...has he tried any other ftp clients? have him dl filezilla and see if that works

infaddict

infaddict

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts
Hey dsenette :)

Yeah, he has tried other clients (but not FileZilla) and the problem still persists. He will try FileZilla tonight for another opinion and I will let you know.

I've also asked him to try the same task from another PC to see if the same error occurs. Hopefully this will determine if its a local PC problem or a host problem.

:tazz: