Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP (big) problem and what i've done so far

• Please log in to reply

Long Tall Bob

Long Tall Bob

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Since 2 days, my taskmanager won't open, my system is instabile, and very(!) slow.
A program called "freeprod" installed itself on my system, causing a lot of pop-ups.
I went through the step plan as described on this forum (ad-aware, spybot, cwshredder etc.) before making a Hijack this log file, wich i want to post.
Ad-aware has deleted freeprod, and the pop-ups are gone. All the other programs deleted trojans to.
One of the final steps is using Trojan-Hunter; My system is so unbelievably slow at this point, that trojanHunter still scans (after about 10 hours),
Question: is this normal? or can i make a hijackThis log-file wirhout running trojanHunter? (and without having to wait probably days...)

After the first few steps, my system wouldn't shut down properly after the following announcement "winsysupd12 can't be shut off".
When i start my computer it tells me there is no path found for "Mudes2" error 76.

Can anyone tell me what to do? Maybe it does ring a bell??

Thanks in advance,

Long Tall Bob

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
go ahead and post a hijack log with what you posted here in the MALWARE FORUM, explaining the difficulty in running trojan hunter

They will get you up and running to the point where you will be able to run it better

(it might help to run this offline)

Long Tall Bob

Long Tall Bob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanx for the quick reaction!

It seems i've waited just long enough. As i posted my topic, Trojan Hunter was finished. It removed 4 risks.

After i cold started my system, the mudes2 message was gone. Ewido picked out the winsysupd12, and removed it. After another cold start everything seems to be ok!! No more messages, and a swiftly running system.
Do tou think it might still be worth it, posting a hijack log??

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
yes...deep infections are rarely removed completely by automatic tools

Long Tall Bob

Long Tall Bob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ok, i will. I'll let you know abou the progress,