Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i wanna be xp(home) administrator

• Please log in to reply

beautron

beautron

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
hi again.
when i got me laptop i instead of just using the administrator account, made my own account with administrator rights. ive now realised that even tho i have admin rights, there is a difference and sometimes i have to log into safe mode, chose admin and then do the thing i wanted to do.
how can i delete my account n use admin soley?
can i take all my settings with me?
and/or how will this affect my settings, programs, registry etc¿
muchas gracias, beautron

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's really safer for you to use YOUR account instead of the true admin account....that way if you mess something up...you can still log into the computer correctly...i guess if you wanted to you could change the way users log in and use the classic login shell and just log in as administrator instead of you.....as administrator you would have rights to all of the programs..you may have to reconfigure some windows settings as far as displays and preferences...but...you would also have access to all of your old documents...which you could (if you wanted to..)move from say..your user's "my documents" folder...to the administrators documents folder..

beautron

beautron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
cheers dude. never thought of the point of keepin :tazz: the admin acc incase i [bleep] my system (again).
i thinks ill leave it so. nice one.