Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

COD2 ping problems

• Please log in to reply

hopsinem

hopsinem

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK so I am in a clan and i play on our server all the time. It is based in chicago and I am in Cali so naturally its like a 70-90 ping which I can deal with. But one day out of the blue i logged on and my ping was 115-120 and will not go down. I am geting so frustrated. Ive talked to ppl in my clan that are computer savy and they cant figure it out. I have cox cable. I mean could it possibly be my isp. I just dont know. Is there anyone out there that can help me plz im desperate. :tazz: :)

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
It could be the isp indeed it is certainly possible. Can happen if people in your neighborhood are online at the same time downloading etc.. Your neighborhood shares the node so If alot of people are on doing intensive downloading then you might notice it indeed.

It happens, and 120 ping is not bad at all hopsinem if it is a busy night.

hopsinem

hopsinem

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ya but what is wierd is that Ive played on this server for like 6 months and never got a 120 ping, ever.