Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft word formatting

• Please log in to reply

cheezdoodle17

cheezdoodle17

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello!

I'm experiences problems with Microsoft Word. Every time I open a new document the program automatically formats it so that each space is marked with a dot and each paragraph change (every time I hit the enter key) is marked with a paragraph symbol at the end of the line. When I open documents that were saved before this started, they are automatically opened in this new format. When I print these changes aren't printed. It just bothers me when i'm typing and I want to find out how to remove it. I have no idea how I got it to add the dots and paragraph symbols. I've tried searching with the desktop assistant and exploring through file, edit, tools, everything, but I can't figure out how to get it off.

Thank you so much!

-cheezdoodle17

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
SHIFT-f1 or go to FORMAT > REVEAL FORMATTING (this will uncheck it)

cheezdoodle17

cheezdoodle17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
when I click format there is no "reveal formatting"

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
could be an older version of word you have...what version...and does SHIFT+f1 change it?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
aughh...pardon me..that's what I get for relying on memory

Look for a PARAGRAPH mark on the tool bar It is likely depressed. Press it again

sorry

cheezdoodle17

cheezdoodle17

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
thank you so much! that worked!

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts