Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help making a 2Wire Network

• Please log in to reply

crazygerad

crazygerad

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have two computers now. The Desktop which is connected through Ethernet to a 2wire 1000/100 tower, with Avast! and a ZoneAlarm firewall. The laptop which is connected through 801.11b wireless to the tower(if I am not mistaken) with only Avast!. The desktop has Win XP Pro and the laptop Win Xp Home, and although I ran the network setup wizard I can't make them "see" each other nor be able to access files and folders native to the other.

I searched the 2wire help thing but it is as helpful as nailing yourself to the wall. I also used the software to try to access the other comp but it tells me it can't find it.

The desktop is clean of spy wares and such since I have all the possible protections and the laptop is new with all the updates from Windows.

Any help will be appreciated and may you be blessed by whatever you believe in.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what's the actual model of your 2wire box?

ok..you've got 2 computers

one desktop
one laptop

desktop has avast and zone alarm and is connected with ethernet to the 2wire router(?)

laptop just has avast and is connected wirelessly correct?

just wanna get the info straight

crazygerad

crazygerad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
The 2Wire tower is HomePortal 1800HW

and the other things you wrote are correct. Basicaly the one connecting both computers is the 2Wire tower.