Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow Network

• Please log in to reply

rnsipes

rnsipes

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have 3 computers using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. When I transfer files from one system to another, it runs Extremely Slow. What can I do to Speed Up the transfer rate. I am using an Old Wise 8 port hub and the computers are AMD CPU's. Thank You for any information you can give me.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi there rnsipes, welcome to GTG forums.

I know that a firewall-anti-virus can slow down your transfer rate since it has to scan the files coming through. If you are sharing with a trusted computer I guess its fine, if not you can download the files (without opening). When done you can scan for any viruses and then use. cool :tazz: