Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hp 1610 printer

• Please log in to reply

tpep

tpep

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a hewlitt packard 1610 and the scanner software got corrupted somehow. I did an uninstall with the hp disk and when I go to reinstall the all-in -one it gets to about 2 percent and stops with error situation code :54622158. It says the copy functions cannot be used. Can anyone help? :tazz:

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Here's a list of error messages from HP's website. I scanned it for that number you listed but it's not on the page.

http://h10025.www1.h...c=us&rule=54334

How much free space do you have on your hardrive? Did you shutdown your antivirus and any other utilities that may be running in the background before trying the install?

I'm wondering if there is something wrong with that disk. I would try and download the driver install software from HP's website.....

edit....I see so many bad optical drives out there, that I always carry spares with me. How old is that optical drive?

Edited by macten, 04 March 2006 - 07:21 PM.

tpep

tpep

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I downloaded the software from hp site and it installed. So evidently the disk was bad. Thanks alot