Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scrolling text - please help!

• Please log in to reply

hellerooo

hellerooo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi

I am a complete novice when it comes to web design. I am using Microsoft Publisher to redesign my current site (also done on Publisher)

I want to add a scrolling text box to my home page, but don't know how to.

On Publisher you don't use html when creating your page, you drag and drop text boxes, pictures, etc. You CAN add html to parts of your page if needed.

Does anyone have an html code for a scrolling text marquee/box.

I really don't have a clue what i'm doing so if anyone can help i'd be really grateful.

Thanks

Helen

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Marquees are so 1996 and IMO make a website look incredibly tacky and amateurish.

But if you insist...

<marquee>This text will scroll</marquee>

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Let me know if this is what you are referring to:

1) Using Marquees

2) Scrolling JavaScript Text Link

<marquee> tag is no longer used that much and is rather out of date.

Ron

hellerooo

hellerooo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
oh ok!

Thanks for the advice :tazz:

I didn't realise they were out of date! I told you I was a novice.

Any 'up to date' ideas for how to fill a banner accross the top of my homepage. I was gonna do the scrolling text like a news bulletin, but don't wanna be naff!

Thanks again,

Helen

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

If you would like to make a nice text banner that's animated, you can play with all kinds before deciding on the one you want by using this great online 3D TextMaker from gifworks.com.

I love the site and have spent hours making different text banners. You can "Google" for others.

Ron

hellerooo

hellerooo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Thanks Ron

I'll have a look at the site now.

Helen

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
OK. Post back to this thread if you have a related problem with the text banner. 3D TextMaker does allow you to make transparent backgrounds, if you have another GIF image you like to use, but it has a colored background you want removed. You can even do animated GIFs ans edit them.

GifWorks.com provides all the special effects, editing of the images, and more so have fun.

Ron