Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer is blank

• Please log in to reply

dsd1

dsd1

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I added some ram to my computer and then i started it up it was normal but the second screen after the ram check it said
Realtek RTL8139(x)/8130X Boot Agent...
Press F-10 to configure.

I pressed F-10 and most of the time the computer wouldnt read my commands. I got it once changed a couple and still nothing happened. On the next startup I pressed F8 which is boot menu, and i found a command to boot up on normal settings I got it and i was on my desktop, sinc ie wasnt on my computer for a while i scaned for viruses and did windows update I restarted, dumb of me! and same prolbem. I treid F8 again but it just kept saying put in a boot floppy or cd which i dont have, and now I everytime i start the computer nothing shows up the screen is black. the monitor doesnt read the computer anymore any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Did you remove the RAM and try to reboot again? Try to get it to work the way it did before.

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i dont think that will work but I will try, because my sister gave me this comp because my other computer got messed up with the video thing, but when i first got it i had one ram stick and when i turned it out it did 3 beeps which meant the 64ram failure so i took it out and i put in 2 sticks from my other comp. but ill try

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Just make sure you can get it to work the original way. It will be easier to troubleshoot. Also, make sure your RAM is seated firmly in the board. Sometime we get too gentle and don't get cards seated firmly enough, which can cause problems. There are 2 tabs on the board input, they should move towards you when firmly seated.

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i dont thikn i can make it work the orginal way when i cant even see the screen . =\ and I even tried to restart the mobo by taking out the battery and putting it back in

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
When you add and remove the RAM are you unplugging the PC from the outlet, and waiting for the light on the Mother Board to go out? I would suggest unplugging the PC. Putting the exact RAM from the original setup. Boot up. Then what happens?

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
black screen

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok. Let me get this straight. Your original post sounded like you were upgrading RAM. Now it sounds like you got a hand me down, saw the RAM was not to your liking, installed more RAM, turned it on (for the first time) and it doesn't work. Is this right?

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
no it worked before. it was a hand me down, but it worked before i was on aim cruising the web n stuff

Edited by dsd1, 05 March 2006 - 09:45 PM.

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Well, if it worked before and you uinstalled all the hardware to its original configuration and it still doesn't work, it is not good. You may have caused a short in the mother board by mis-placing the RAM. If you just get a black screen without even a cursor in the upper left hand of the monitor this is tough. You can try loading a bootdisk into the floppy to see of it will recognize anything.

www.bootdisk.com

dsd1

dsd1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
haha [bleep] im screwed this labtop doesnt have a floppy disk so I can make a boost disk, but I dont think I mis-placed the ram..