Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help on how to clean up Startup

• Please log in to reply

taoofpu2

taoofpu2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
After I run MSCONFIG I see I have three unchecked entries of items I don't ever want to run. How do I get rid these entries from the list? I also have an item that is checked but has no name and no command file to load at startup. Would it be safe to uncheck or delete an item like that? thanks

Advertisements

strictor

strictor

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
If you unchecked one of these items and then uninstalled the software it is likey that they are still present in MSCONFIG. To remove them easily, install and un-install the software.

Here is a way to get rid of whatever you want from MSCONFIG. Keep in mind the Registry is not something to tamper with unless you are fully aware with the consequences. It can be fatal to your pc's life.

http://www.pcmag.com...,1675032,00.asp

If in any way you are un-easy about doing the steps in the links provided do not hesitate to ask many questions.