Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cpu fan not working...

• Please log in to reply

PinCushion

PinCushion

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I replaced the old cpu fan on my motherboard with a new one that's slightly larger. Any ways no problems getting it on except when i turn the computer on everything else works fine cept the fan that dosen't seem to turn on at all. Any help or input would be great appreciated right now.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would get a molex adapter for the fan and see if it works. Check to see if the fan will spin easily with your finger. Check to see if it is plugged in correctly( i know you did but i have to say it). Did you check to see if the fan worked before installing? Once in a great while i will get a fan that won't spin up when testing it.

SRX660

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
The colour coding for fans (ie the wires) is fairly standardised - red, yellow & black. Check to make sure that the position of each of these wires in the plug is the same as the ones on the old fan.