Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

apple mac airport

• Please log in to reply

DAKTARI

DAKTARI

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
:tazz: My wife's and daughters laptop can easily access the internet using the wireless airport access .I bought an lan card usb adaptor for my son to use on his computer an xp os.
I have installed the drivers but I still can not get full access to the internet .
I get wep encrypted number required how do I go about this???? :)

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you would need to supply the lan card usb adapter model number if you want exact information

your card should have come with a wireless utility in addition to the driver that allows you to imput the wep encryption number so you can log in (this number was set when you first set up the airport extreme, using the admin utility on one of the MACs)

You may also need to update the firmware on your airport extreme--the original one did not work well with windows and there was at least one firmware update, available from the APPLE support pages