Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pro Evo 5 on Wireless Network

• Please log in to reply

froggingbob

froggingbob

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
On Pro Evolution Soccer 5, it connects to the network, but then when it starts "testing network environment" or something, it goes on for ages. Then it says that its unable to transmit using the port number 5730 or something and that i would probably have to change the settings on my router. It sugested Port Mapping, assigning DMZ or configuing NAT table.

Now i know how to configure my wireless settings, but i dont want to wreck the whole network.

Please, help!, i just bought pro evo 5 afte such a long wait, and i want to get going asap.

I will be very happy in any help you can give me.

I have a Netgear DG834G wireless router, and a linksys wireless game adapter. This is the first time this has happened, all other online ps2 games i have wore fine (battlefield2:mc, Killzone ect.)

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You need to forward that port to your computer via the router. It WILL NOT wreck the whole network to do this.

froggingbob

froggingbob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
And how exactly would i forward the port. I was looking on my wireless settings page and i just couldnt find anything about forwarding ports.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

And how exactly would i forward the port. I was looking on my wireless settings page and i just couldnt find anything about forwarding ports.

It wouldn't be on your wireless adapter, it'd be in your router itself. I don't have any experience with netgear stuff, only linksys. It probably says something like port mapping or port forwarding. Check the manual for your router, I'm sure it's in there.

froggingbob

froggingbob

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
OK guys i got it working

just had to turn on ps2 and connect it, then on attatched devices on the router settings it came up, along with the mac address and IP address so i typed the IP address in the DMZ server thing and that obviously unblocked it or something cos its workin now.

cheeers for the help anyway