Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp installation = no go.

• Please log in to reply

no_daybutoday

no_daybutoday

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i reinstalled windows just the other day and almost completed my computer started telling me to insert such and such disk. first starting with nvidia network bus installation disk #1 (the nvenetfd.inf file), which i didn't have so i just downloaded the driver off of nvidia's website. once i did that it supposebly worked because it moved onto the next disk which was realtek ac97 audio driver disk (ALCXWDM.sys file) which i found off the realtek website. it told me to locate the actual file, but my mouse and keyboard went out. i have no clue why they went out, but everytime i get the that part of the installation my mouse and keyboard go out. they are both usb so it has nothing to do with wireless. i tried unplugging/replugging and then rebooting. the first time i reinstalled xp it never asked me to put in these cds or whatnot. if you could provide some sort of help to get past this installation i'd be eternally grateful. ^^;

Advertisements

Paradox924X

Paradox924X

• PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
Maybe try use a PS2 keyboard?

no_daybutoday

no_daybutoday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yea, thats what i was thinking, but if that was the case then wouldn't my ps2 mouse work?